PDA

View Full Version : If you had a $1,000.00 to spent on marketing...

Pages : [1] 2

My Detailing Guys
08-16-2011, 10:52 PM
If you had a $1,000.00 :dblthumb2:to spend on marketing/ advertising your detailing business, how would you spend the money?

Greg

Desert Detail & More
08-16-2011, 11:05 PM
I would look into local papers, church bullentins, wrapping my vehicles, a bill board, sign flipper's just a few.

Kaleb G.
08-16-2011, 11:44 PM
A website, business cards, and/or what was previously stated.

Mobile detail
08-17-2011, 01:49 AM
Church flyers are great. People are more incline to use the services if thier fellow parishioners.

Flannigan
08-17-2011, 06:53 AM
Some nice quality polo shirts with my company's name on them, magnetic signs/window stickers for advertising on my vehicle, quality business cards, look into getting a booth at a car show. Stuff like that.

master detailer
08-17-2011, 07:37 AM
price is the key these days.Keep your cash for slow times.I run a 50% off sale for the detail only and then your work will do the rest to get you more work. I up sell all the time and that is at full price. The trick is to get them the frist time. Run the sale for 30 days and you will see more sales at the end . July aug and sept is my slow time so this is what I do then.

jcbutta
08-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Groupon, Living Social and similar sites are great for marketing and you do not have to shell out any cash. My wife uses them for her business and 1 out of every 20 people that come in through one of those sites, becomes a permanent customer.

rwright
08-17-2011, 08:24 AM
I'm with Dave on this one, nice quality polo shirts and quality business cards. Your first impression should be great and stand out.

kimtyson
08-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Word of mouth is always the best advertising you can get. But if you want to spend money, or have it to invest, then try to find cheaper local advertising like the coupon book they stick in our mailbox. Also, as stated, local church bulletins and similar publications are good. Maybe print up 1000 flyers and distribute them at car shows, parts dealerships, etc. Good luck.

Garry Dean
08-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Is spend $200 on flyers and take a few days passing them out then go on vacation with the rest.

My Detailing Guys
08-17-2011, 09:45 AM
How do you guys feel about mailing postcards with company info. and a limited time discount offer? Anyone gain business this way?
We currently have business cards, truck is fully lettered, did flyers getting no response. We do need to get shirts with our business and logo on them. Gets hot working in a polo shirt, nice clean t-shirts OK?
We are getting word of mouth business, just want to reach more people.
Some great ideas offered up, Thanks!
Greg

Flash Gordon
08-17-2011, 10:10 AM
30 second Super Bowl commercial

DLB
08-17-2011, 10:20 AM
Some nice quality polo shirts with my company's name on them, magnetic signs/window stickers for advertising on my vehicle, quality business cards, look into getting a booth at a car show. Stuff like that.This - plus a high quality website. People shop online for everything now. And make the website mobile friendly.

30 second Super Bowl commercial
$1K might be good for a 1 second "flash" of your name during the super bowl. :)

DLB

kimtyson
08-17-2011, 10:22 AM
I would only mail postcards if I had already targeted my audience. Seems like too costly vs. the response rate.
My opinion is that a quality T-shirt is fine. Make sure they go to the rag pile (after cutting out your logo) before they start to deteriorate. You want to keep the clean company image.
Just my .02.

Flash Gordon
08-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Goodyear Blimp