PDA

View Full Version : a few new products this morning.....

PA DETAILER
08-16-2011, 09:20 AM
first wash since applying the SNH sunday. have to comment on the SNH before i get started. INSANE! the water just sheeted and beaded like mad. i never saw a product react to water like that. made drying a breeze. water would just run off.

1. wolfgang auto bathe 2oz sample. loaded the foam gun and was greeted with plenty of foam. noticed great lubricity. strong bubble gum scent. rinsed cleanly. nice soap.

2. spraymaster bottle. strong construction. spray pattern easy to control. walls did not buckle in. great bottle. handy scale to dilute products on the side.

3. MEGS water based dressing. D171. (coconut scent). i was looking for a wheel well dressing that could be sprayed on and walk away. no messing with applicators or dealing with drips. the best i found was DK BLACK OUT. (also water based). MEGS ASD ran as did griots UCS. great products, but running a towel or applicator over them to remove drips and even out the shine was something i could do without. i loaded up the spraymaster with the MEGS WBS at 1:1 removed some water from the wells with a towel. (not completly dry) sprayed a even coat on all four and walked. completed other things. went on white. had my doubts. checked back roughly a hour later. BINGO! :xyxthumbs: NO RUNS. NO DRIPS. quite the shine for a WB product, but not overly. set up perfect and coverage was even. dont have to touch it. DONE. even better than black out. deeper and more even look. my new wheel well dressing. without a doubt.

Bunky
08-16-2011, 11:01 AM
What dilution did you use for the WG?

PA DETAILER
08-16-2011, 11:41 AM
next to last notch on the foam gun. whole 2oz sample mixed with water. i do believe its 20:1

Kurt_s
08-16-2011, 01:24 PM
3. MEGS water based dressing. D171. (coconut scent). i was looking for a wheel well dressing that could be sprayed on and walk away. no messing with applicators or dealing with drips. the best i found was DK BLACK OUT. (also water based). MEGS ASD ran as did griots UCS. great products, but running a towel or applicator over them to remove drips and even out the shine was something i could do without. i loaded up the spraymaster with the MEGS WBS at 1:1 removed some water from the wells with a towel. (not completly dry) sprayed a even coat on all four and walked. completed other things. went on white. had my doubts. checked back roughly a hour later. BINGO! :xyxthumbs: NO RUNS. NO DRIPS. quite the shine for a WB product, but not overly. set up perfect and coverage was even. dont have to touch it. DONE. even better than black out. deeper and more even look. my new wheel well dressing. without a doubt.

I've been thinking about trying an undercarriage and wheel well dressing for some time. I would like a spray on and walk away product that doesn't run. I would like something that lasts for more than a few days and doesn't look worse in a couple of days from collecting dust and dirt, or streaking.

I am very interested to know how long the MEGS WBS lasts. Does it wash away or run in the rain or when you wash the car. Does it collect dust and dirt? How much of the 1:1 solution did you use for the 4 wheel wells?

Thanks!

PA DETAILER
08-16-2011, 02:01 PM
i will report my findings. i would guess 25 oz or so for all 4 wells. truck. i looked at it again, and wow! for a WBD it has the look of a silicone. very deep/black coverage. again, SOWA. i did notice it being thick for a WBD. even when used 1:1

dchristo
08-16-2011, 03:52 PM
what is SNH ???

Bobby B.
08-16-2011, 03:55 PM
what is SNH ???

Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid Paste Sealant

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2171_57030578

dchristo
08-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid Paste Sealant

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2171_57030578

thanks....

PA DETAILER
08-17-2011, 07:40 AM
i really had good luck with the SNH. washed the truck yesterday and had insane sheeting and beading. never saw a product react like that. i am sure prepping with griots paint prep, followed with P21S paint cleaner, played a key role in the SNH application. i ended up doing a second coat last night after the sun settled. dom mentioned a second coat is perfered. he did a 50% IPA spot test on a panel with SNH, and it did not even faze it. this was quite the detail. i would never have time to do this if was not for my vacation this week.