PDA

View Full Version : Problems copy & paste posting(pictures)

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
08-15-2011, 11:28 PM
Hey im wondering if this is just me having this problem or if its my browser or what...but before when i'd do write up...id have to go through the copy and pasting of images for the first write up....but then after i posted it i could just highlight the whole thing....copy it and post it on MOL and it would transfer the images the exact same way.

Well now when i copy and past it...it transfers all the writing...but it wont transfer the pictures....it just leaves it all blank..im wondering what im doing wrong.

Help please? I dont want to re insert 60 pictures everytime i want to repost a write up on another forum!

bmwgeek
08-16-2011, 12:45 AM
Go to your post on MOL, edit post, and copy all the text then paste it in the new forum post.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
08-16-2011, 02:41 AM
Go to your post on MOL, edit post, and copy all the text then paste it in the new forum post.

The 'edit' time has already expired....:-\

PAR Detailing
08-16-2011, 06:46 AM
What I do is build my write-up in word. I insert pictures from photobucket because they make it easy to copy the image link with [img] already in it.

Then I paste it into whatever forum I want.

If you cant do that this time hit "quote" as if you were replying to your write up and "go advanced" Then copy the whole thing which should have your image codes and paste it to whatever forum you are in. Just delete the "quote" at the top and botom.

Mike Phillips
08-16-2011, 08:30 AM
MOL upgraded to the newest version of vBulletin, while copying and pasting shouldn't be affected it might be as the new versions are not what I would consider a "good thing".

I own 3 vBulletin licensed discussion forums and after visiting the new Autopia and the new MOL I'll never upgrade them. Sometimes new isn't better and if it ain't broke... don't fix it. But I digress...

Read through this first thread and learn how to use both the Editor Mode and the WYSIWYG mode of vBulletin.

I don't know if you can use these features with anything else but Internet Explorer. I know everyone likes to yak about how great Chrome, of Fire Fox or fill-in-the-blank browsers are but I work vBulletin like dog and IE works best if you want to use all the features.

This article was written to help people tweak their code when multi-quoting but the pictures will show you where the buttons are and what they do. It's best to copy code to code versus any other option but you can all find a way that works for you. I've been doing this a while so for what it's worth.

Also, if you click the link below, look at the pictures and then look for the button on the non-IE browser you're using, the pictures are not wrong... :D

How to use the "Editor Mode" to break a single quoted message up into smaller quoted sections (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/20690-how-use-editor-mode-break-single-quoted-message-up-into-smaller-quoted-sections.html)

This is for anyone that's not sure how to use the Editor Mode in vBulletin to tweak their code or to break a large section of quoted material into smaller bites-size sections.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/editormode.jpg

It also shows you how to use the up and down arrows to shrink or increase the length of your message box for easier typing.

:xyxthumbs:

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
08-16-2011, 06:00 PM
What I do is build my write-up in word. I insert pictures from photobucket because they make it easy to copy the image link with already in it.

Then I paste it into whatever forum I want.

If you cant do that this time hit "quote" as if you were replying to your write up and "go advanced" Then copy the whole thing which should have your image codes and paste it to whatever forum you are in. Just delete the "quote" at the top and botom.

MOL upgraded to the newest version of vBulletin, while copying and pasting shouldn't be affected it might be as the new versions are not what I would consider a "good thing".

I own 3 vBulletin licensed discussion forums and after visiting the new Autopia and the new MOL I'll never upgrade them. Sometimes new isn't better and if it ain't broke... don't fix it. But I digress...

Read through this first thread and learn how to use both the Editor Mode and the WYSIWYG mode of vBulletin.

I don't know if you can use these features with anything else but Internet Explorer. I know everyone likes to yak about how great Chrome, of Fire Fox or fill-in-the-blank browsers are but I work vBulletin like dog and IE works best if you want to use all the features.

This article was written to help people tweak their code when multi-quoting but the pictures will show you where the buttons are and what they do. It's best to copy code to code versus any other option but you can all find a way that works for you. I've been doing this a while so for what it's worth.

Also, if you click the link below, look at the pictures and then look for the button on the non-IE browser you're using, the pictures are not wrong... :D

How to use the "Editor Mode" to break a single quoted message up into smaller quoted sections (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/20690-how-use-editor-mode-break-single-quoted-message-up-into-smaller-quoted-sections.html)

This is for anyone that's not sure how to use the Editor Mode in vBulletin to tweak their code or to break a large section of quoted material into smaller bites-size sections.

[IMG]http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/editormode.jpg

It also shows you how to use the up and down arrows to shrink or increase the length of your message box for easier typing.

:xyxthumbs:

Hey thanks a ton to both of you...you just saved me a few hours of work having to repost pictures lol. IE worked good Mike...firefox shows the editor options too (except the spell check). Again thanks a ton...appreciate it a lot :dblthumb2:

BTW this was the write up i was copying...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/39687-2010-772-hp-black-camaro-ss-swirl-city.html