PDA

View Full Version : What carpet extractor should I get? Around $1k

ShineTimeDetail
08-15-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm leaning towards the mytee lite HP 60 I believe it is. What do you think?

WindyCity
08-15-2011, 08:31 PM
I have an hp60 and it is a great choice. However it is BIG so if you are mobile that could be an issue, ALSO.....you have to supply your own power (3000 watts) because if you use a customers power you will have a never ending battle with blowing their circuits because it is a power hog! I will shut everything off in my own apartment to clean my carpets with it and it will still blow the circuit, so you definitely will want a generator otherwise the HP60 might not be a wise choice.

Other than that it is an awesome machine!

ShineTimeDetail
08-15-2011, 08:36 PM
How much bigger is it than the mytee ii? I have a 5k gen.

WindyCity
08-15-2011, 08:47 PM
How much bigger is it than the mytee ii? I have a 5k gen.

I don't think it is taller but it is wider and heavier (not sure the exact specs). You are set on power since you have 5000 watts. If you have the room then I would definitely get it, it is good machine that does a great job on nasty carpets (mini-vans!)

ShineTimeDetail
08-15-2011, 09:17 PM
How longs it take to heat up?

Mobile detail
08-15-2011, 10:42 PM
I have the hp60. It's not much ###### than the mytee lite but the suction is way stronger. If your are doing this for more than just yourself, I highly recommend getting the spyder. The lite is ok for small jobs and personal use but the spyder is the way to go for production detailing. The only draw back to it is the power requirements. Not a big deal if you have a generator. it doesn't weight much more than the lite and its size is just a tad bigger but the performance is outstanding. Make sure you get the crevasse attachment as well. You will definitely need it. Can't say enough good things about it.

Mobile detail
08-15-2011, 10:43 PM
And it heats up with in 7_9 minutes and stays hot through out using it.

ShineTimeDetail
08-15-2011, 10:46 PM
That does suck about the power requirement. I would like to do home upholstery too with it.

daveinsweethome
08-15-2011, 11:46 PM
got one to upgrade from my mytee 11/ great upgrade. power requirements are bigger sure but the machine rocks. just finished my entire house with the larger wand. the old mytee ii would not do the job this one sure does. i love it and with a generator you should be fine

WindyCity
08-16-2011, 07:20 AM
got one to upgrade from my mytee 11/ great upgrade. power requirements are bigger sure but the machine rocks. just finished my entire house with the larger wand. the old mytee ii would not do the job this one sure does. i love it and with a generator you should be fine

I do my whole house with it as well and I do like the fact that that it has a 3 gallon tank. I find that useful for large suvs and vans.

ShineTimeDetail
08-16-2011, 06:21 PM
I do my whole house with it as well and I do like the fact that that it has a 3 gallon tank. I find that useful for large suvs and vans.

So did you use your generator while doing your house?

WindyCity
08-17-2011, 04:33 PM
So did you use your generator while doing your house?

No I can plug it into the outlets in the kitchen as long as the other appliances are not running it won't blow any circuts there.

ShineTimeDetail
08-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Only the kitchen?