PDA

View Full Version : Paint coatings only on lower half of cars?

ziggo99
08-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Just something I've been thinking of. The bottom of a car or truck, generally from the trim strip down (if the car has that strip trim), gets the most dirty and gets the most harm from road salt and what not. What about just using something like CQuartz on on that part and then finish the rest of the car with something like #845 or PowerLock that lasts long but not as long?
Just looking for a little feedback.

BobbyG
08-15-2011, 07:37 PM
If the surface was prepared according to the manufactures instructions I'm sure it would provide more protection than a standard sealant or wax. :props:

ziggo99
08-15-2011, 07:42 PM
I know it would last longer, but would anyone consider doing it or actually do it?

BobbyG
08-15-2011, 07:49 PM
If I had one of the newer Nano coatings I would apply it to the entire car, not just the lower sections. If I was given some and wanted to get the biggest bang for the buck I'd apply it to these areas that see the most abuse during the winter months.

poweraid
08-15-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm considering it . I have opti 2.0 . although I don't wanna do my whole truck cause I do like to try stuff out and buff away . I may use this on my roof just cause it's hard to get at . maybe my wheels and then I have stainless trim on the bottom I might just do that also for greater protection

ziggo99
08-15-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm currently testing one coating on a car (not sold at AG but like a CQuartz knock off), but it's only been on there since the middle of June, so I don't know how long it will last. I fully expect it to last a long time.

My thought is-if I clean a friend's car where I know it's not going to get washed much, even though coatings aren't cheap, I would do the lower portion of the car with the coating for the reason stated above and then do the rest with something like #845 and do like the wheels on my car with the coating.

arack
08-15-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm considering it . I have opti 2.0 . although I don't wanna do my whole truck cause I do like to try stuff out and buff away . I may use this on my roof just cause it's hard to get at . maybe my wheels and then I have stainless trim on the bottom I might just do that also for greater protection
Dude, use the Opi Coat. you will not be disappointed. I used it on my Acura TL. The sheeting effects are awesome.