PDA

View Full Version : Water spots from hell...

jcarson112
08-15-2011, 04:33 PM
I'm not exactly a professional with the meg's MF system but I am trying to figure out if anyone else has had issues correcting fairly bad water spots with the MF system.

I did a test spot on the hood and it worked really well with the swirl/towel marks from maintenance washing. However, the water spots, which definitely have etched themselves into the clear did faded only moderately. I went over the spot again with 4 more passes for a total of 10 passes. Pulled the car out into the sun to inspect again and you can still see them.

They are very faint now but still visible. Would any of you with more practice with this system have any recommendations to get better results?

I also realize that I may need something a little more aggressive but my compounding experience has been moderate at best. My only thought was to go ahead and use m105 with the cutting discs.

ScottB
08-15-2011, 08:31 PM
I have seen and heard of water spotting issues that etched so deeply that wet-sanding was desired. Luckily most the time machine polishing will help.

jcarson112
08-15-2011, 09:57 PM
Wow, my stomach just dropped reading that... going to hit it with some 105 and an orange pad tomorrow to see if it goes away.

I guess my expectations of the MF system were a little too high.