PDA

View Full Version : UPS Came today, but one item was frozen!

Pages : [1] 2

Whitethunder46
01-31-2007, 10:34 PM
Got one of my order's in today (not from AG).

1 gallon of APC+
32 oz. of Megs Silicone Free Dressing
12 oz. of Megs leather cleaner/conditioner.

The leather cleaner/conditioner was halfway frozen, was a slushy feel. Would of made a great Icee, lol. Would this hurt it in anyway??? I have everything sitting inside of course now. The other two items werent frozen or slushy at all, however they were extremely cold.

abrcrombe
01-31-2007, 10:45 PM
Yikes! Does it say on the packaging the storing recommendations? I want to say it should be ok, but don't hold me accountable! :)

Al-53
01-31-2007, 10:49 PM
you should be ok...just when it warms up shake it up good..in case they separated some...the worse products to freeze are polishes and LSP sealants...some times they separate and will not re mix...they curdle and never re mix....I left a bottle of Mothers Top Coat in the garage last winter and it froze..come spring I seen it..opened it..was like cottage cheese....was toast..junk...

but shake the bottle up as soon as it warms up..should be fine....

Al

ltoman
01-31-2007, 10:56 PM
omg....

r_wain
01-31-2007, 10:56 PM
I had the same problem with some OPT car wash I got from AG...I haven't try to use it but I figured it was fine. It had the same slushy feel.

You might want to contact the people you got it from and say what they say. sorry I could be more help.

FloridaNative
01-31-2007, 11:21 PM
You can always call Meguiars and ask. 1-800-347-5700

Nuke33
01-31-2007, 11:49 PM
Thats the best idea just call MEG

Whitethunder46
02-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Well I just put in a huge order today from AG, so I'll make sure I'm home when I receive this one, haha!

FloridaNative
02-01-2007, 07:08 AM
Well I just put in a huge order today from AG, so I'll make sure I'm home when I receive this one, haha!

lol So what did Meg's tell you??

Gary Sword
02-01-2007, 07:21 AM
My wife just sold some live plants on ebay. I know she sent some to some cold places like Wyoming and Indiana. She put some kind of heat pack in the box you can buy for shipping things so they don't freeze. The live plants arrived fine instead of frozen.

justin_murphy
02-01-2007, 07:33 AM
Just let it warm up and shake the living crap out of it.

FloridaNative
02-01-2007, 07:40 AM
Just let it warm up and shake the living crap out of it.
lol That gives me such a vivid mental picture! lol :p

FloridaNative
02-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Okay. I confess that I wanted to know the answer to this question as well so I called Meguiar's for you. :p I spoke with Tim and he told me that he strongly recommends that you contact the company you bought it from because there is a risk of it "going bad" as he put it. He said it's not good that any of their products freeze.

supercharged
02-01-2007, 10:13 AM
I had my Poorboy's SS&S freezing in garage (was about 28 outside), and it started to look turning blurry. Performance remained the same, but the look was different. It was clearing out after a week, but you could still see some on the bottom of bottle.

Nica
02-01-2007, 10:19 AM
FloridaNative your quite the gall aren't you, very nice of you to make the call. I too worry about products freezing, so far everything I have ordered has arrived here extremely cold not frozen though. I was told by a pro autobody dealership that if you recieve anything frozen (specially compund products) to contact the place you got it from because most of the times they should not be freezing and if they do the chemical blend is now lost. Well at least that is all I remember.

All I remember frozen products is not a good thing.