PDA

View Full Version : Best LSP to make flake pop? Natty'Red, SigII,FK1000, Pete'53 ..?

cobraa
08-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Hey guys, I'm trying to narrow down my collection of LSP because I must have close to 100oz of paste wax..LOL

Here's what I have in terms of flake poppin' or metallic enhanced wax:

Natty'Red: To my opinion, I've seen huge increase in flake when doing a 50/50 with souveran on a black metallic car. So it works and smell freakin nice but it only last 2-3 weeks..

CG Petes'53: I've had good result on a charcoal metallic paint from Nissan and a B,W M3 green forest. Durability is average but the water sheeting is pretty good ( better than average).

FK1000: Last like 6 months and more and since it contains lots of polymer, it does give a metallic effect but does it really enhance it? I would like opinion, but for the price, I would say this wax is the best wax on the planet right now lol

SIG II: I bought this wax thinking it fitted in the metallic category but after using it on like 5 black cars, I can conlude that it doesnt mute the flake like souveran but it clearly doesn't make them popping or I did something wrong lol !?

What's your impression,feedback, impression; What would be the best wax for metallic paint?

Jimmie
08-15-2011, 02:36 PM
The most dramatic flake pop that I witnessed was when Ed put Fuzion on Meghan's Chrysler 300.

Kurt_s
08-15-2011, 03:52 PM
It may depend on color and make of vehicle. I don't have time to wax every month so I need durability plus look. I primarily have sealants and hybrid waxes with durability in my LSP collection.

- OCW on my inlaw's mid-00's silver metallic Maxima is incredible. Surprising depth and the fleck just popped. I used it the first time because I needed fast. It made me a believer in OCW and lasts months. 10 minutes per month and protects even longer. I've seen pictures of red metallic with OS that looked incredible too.

- OCW on a dark grey metallic C class mercedes consistently looks terrific with nice fleck in the sun, although it may not be best.

- DPGS on my sister in law's Tahoe surprised us. She said that she didn't realize it was red metallic flake until I corrected and sealed part of her truck about a month ago. I can't say that it is the best but pretty nice for a long lasting sealant.

- DGPS on a Ford Explorer metallic blue green absolutely popped. Everyone went wow.

- I could never get our metallic champagne beige BMW fleck to really pop. Tried Fuzion, OCW, DGPS, CG Glosswerks glaze, OG Blitz, Souverain Spray, Souverain liquid and a few others that were just ok wrt fleck pop. We just turned in the lease, so I will never know the best.

I've heard good things about the FK1000. Long lasting, good finish and not expensive. Good to know that it works well on metallics.

Hope this helps.

silverfox
08-15-2011, 04:19 PM
I thought the most spectacular look I ever saw was Blackfire wet diamond followed by midnight sun wax. That was then. I've seen that looked trumped by CG Blacklight topped with Pete's 53 followed by CG V7. I saw this combo first hand last week at a car show. Words can't fully describe the look on dark colors with flake. There are many choices out there that look great, but few leave me totally in awe.

flyinion
08-15-2011, 04:39 PM
It's sounding like which product to use kind of depends on the color and mfr. of the car. The SSII makes the flake in my silver 350Z jump off the paint pretty well.

cobraa
08-15-2011, 06:10 PM
It's sounding like which product to use kind of depends on the color and mfr. of the car. The SSII makes the flake in my silver 350Z jump off the paint pretty well.

That's the thing I'm trying to fight, when I'm doing a customer car, I can't come back in a month to re-apply some natty red or do 10 test panel to see which one is best. I have to take a guess.

and this year, I mostly turned out to FK1000, SigII and pete'53

thanks for your advice so far!

KneeDragr
08-15-2011, 07:31 PM
I can't comment on the others but I put fk1000p on my vette this weekend ( metallic grey ) and it shined so bright I couldn't look at it in direct sunlight!

cobraa
08-15-2011, 07:53 PM
what's your durability with Sig II ?

ScottB
08-15-2011, 08:25 PM
Have you tried Supernatural ??? Fuzion ???

Dr Oldz
08-15-2011, 08:32 PM
UPGP is another great option for flakes and has some great durability.
I always found 845 to play well with flakes also.

TornadoRed
08-15-2011, 09:39 PM
I bought SSII on BOGO because everyone said the flake pop was amazing. It was good, but I gave the panel pot of Dodo Blue Velvet a try and it blew (pun not intended) SSII away.
The car is a 2010 graphite gray metallic.

cobraa
08-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Have you tried Supernatural ??? Fuzion ???

You think fuzion would be the best metallic wax out there? I axtually own 27oz of fuzion ;) lol

Larry A
08-16-2011, 09:41 AM
I guess Im the odd ball here . Im more interested in having the depth in color. I have a medium blue metalic Ford Escape and I would rather have the flakes muted , but have the blue deeper. Years ago I drove Rolls Royces for weddings. We had one of them painted a Mersedes dark blue non metalic . When this car was polished and waxed it was a sight to behold, very rich looking.

KneeDragr
08-16-2011, 10:34 AM
I guess Im the odd ball here . Im more interested in having the depth in color. I have a medium blue metalic Ford Escape and I would rather have the flakes muted , but have the blue deeper. Years ago I drove Rolls Royces for weddings. We had one of them painted a Mersedes dark blue non metalic . When this car was polished and waxed it was a sight to behold, very rich looking.

Mercedes is known for putting very nice paint on their cars. No wax is going to make your Ford paint look anywhere near as nice unless the Mercedes you are comparing it to is in poor condition.