PDA

View Full Version : 303 High Tech Fabric Guard

Trevor
08-15-2011, 09:56 AM
Most of the reviews I have read on this center on using it to protect convertabile tops. Does anyone use this to protect their cloth seats, carpet, and mats?

If not, what DO you use? I have an old can of upholestry Scotchguard I was thinking about using, but thought I would get opinions first on what is best. Thanks!!

DARK HORSE
08-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Most of the reviews I have read on this center on using it to protect convertabile tops. Does anyone use this to protect their cloth seats, carpet, and mats?

If not, what DO you use? I have an old can of upholestry Scotchguard I was thinking about using, but thought I would get opinions first on what is best. Thanks!!

This product works awesome for cloth seats, carpet, and mats. Many people including myself use it on the forementioned items, and have for many years!

From product page:

303 High Tech Fabric Guard protects all new or cleaned “outdoor” fabrics from water, dirt, grease and sun damage. Outdoor fabrics include canvas convertible tops, cloth automobile seats and carpets, biminis, and boating enclosures. You aren’t limited to just outdoor fabrics, though, 303 Products advises that this exceptional protectant is a useful protective product for fine leathers, silk, footwear, and sporting apparel.

Y2KSVT
08-15-2011, 10:14 AM
I just used this for the first time, yesterday, on a client's carpet and floor mats. The reviews I've seen for interior use are what made me purchase it.

ScottB
08-15-2011, 02:01 PM
great results on many surfaces, easy to use more so than the foamy Scotchgard product.

Jimmie
08-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Awesome on cloth seats. I've followed up by spilling water on seats after a few days. It rolls off faster than you can imagine.

Trevor
08-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies, I was lucky enough to find it locally at an auto store (in the RV section) on my lunch hour. So I snatched it up along with another bottle of 303 protection as my bottle is still the old formula that smells like death.

The fabric guard does have an almond smell to it, which I kinda like. My only complaint is that it doesn't seem like one bottle will cover much, maybe 2-3 cars? With that in mind, I'm going to use it on my cars first and give my old scotchguard junk to my 21 year old cousin, who just bought her first car. : )

Jimmie
08-15-2011, 03:40 PM
Trevor, you're right it doesn't go a long way. Your 2-3 car estimate is max.
Use caution when applying it. I always wear long sleves now. Even though you don't feel a breeze it will blow back on your arms closing your pores. It can cause some wierd sores.

richy
08-15-2011, 05:12 PM
I'll second what several have said. It's an amazing product. I wear long gloves appling it. I use it on my kids' boots for added protection as well as my own winter boots and running shoes. Works great on carpet mats and carpeting. I buy it by the gallon.

Rsurfer
08-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Trevor, you're right it doesn't go a long way. Your 2-3 car estimate is max.
Use caution when applying it. I always wear long sleves now. Even though you don't feel a breeze it will blow back on your arms closing your pores. It can cause some wierd sores.
Yeah Jimmie, learned the hard way and broke into a rash. Great stuff, but wear some protection and don't breath the stuff.

2kredbb6
08-15-2011, 05:37 PM
On my wishlist! For the protection on Fabric, Good thing I read this post I wouldve Had some issues.

BWG707
11-18-2011, 08:22 AM
I just read that using Scotchguard on your new car will invalidate yor warranty. You might want to do some research before handing it over to someone to use on their brand new car. Better safe then sorry.

CEE DOG
11-18-2011, 08:42 AM
Yes, 303 HTFG is excellent for interior fabrics as well.