PDA

View Full Version : Meg's MF DA pad life expectancy

alko
08-15-2011, 07:29 AM
Does anyone know what the pad life expectancy (with proper care) is for the MF correction system?

embolism
08-15-2011, 07:47 AM
it luv you long time

jk, I think some guys have used them up to 30 times or more unless you melt something or get a dud...

alko
08-15-2011, 07:48 AM
it luv you long time

lmao!!!!

Flannigan
08-15-2011, 08:39 AM
They are suppose to last quite some time. I have one that I've used on 5 cars, and when cleaned it still looks brand new. I think it may have been Rasky who said they can last well over 25 uses, but I could be wrong on that.

alko
08-15-2011, 08:42 AM
They are suppose to last quite some time. I have one that I've used on 5 cars, and when cleaned it still looks brand new. I think it may have been Rasky who said they can last well over 25 uses, but I could be wrong on that.

What are you using to clean them? I've read compressed air and a brush.

Rei86
08-15-2011, 08:43 AM
Should be longer than ten or so cars. However kevin brown will point out that megs did have a dud batch that rips the pad from the backing. But megs being the good as it is will replace your pad for free, assuming you didn't use improper technique.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Rei86
08-15-2011, 08:47 AM

In the video with Mike and jason showing off the system they recommend you clean it frequently with best being compressed air, if you don't have that than a nylon pad brush. Some members here and other forums have gotten even better results with a bug sponge.

Flannigan
08-15-2011, 08:48 AM
I use compressed air and a bug sponge to clean on the fly. the bug sponge will get out even the worst gunk, and the air will fluff it back up. IF you don't have access to air, the bug sponge works great.

alko
08-15-2011, 09:09 AM
In the video with Mike and jason showing off the system they recommend you clean it frequently with best being compressed air, if you don't have that than a nylon pad brush. Some members here and other forums have gotten even better results with a bug sponge.

Yeah I noticed them using an air compressor to clean them. I never knew about the bug spongue.

I use compressed air and a bug sponge to clean on the fly. the bug sponge will get out even the worst gunk, and the air will fluff it back up. IF you don't have access to air, the bug sponge works great.

Awesome! I didn't know about the bug sponge...does it clean regular pads too?

Flannigan
08-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Yeah I noticed them using an air compressor to clean them. I never knew about the bug spongue.

Awesome! I didn't know about the bug sponge...does it clean regular pads too?
I think it would be a little too much for regular foam pads. But I can't say that I have tried it to be sure.

embolism
08-15-2011, 09:34 AM
bug sponge is too rough for foam. Terry towel cleaning on the fly works best

RaskyR1
08-15-2011, 11:19 AM

That wasn't me but I still have some in use from last December. ;)

alko
08-15-2011, 11:47 AM
bug sponge is too rough for foam. Terry towel cleaning on the fly works best

I have to invest in some good terry towels. I bought a bulk pack from BJ's and they put alot of lint in the pad.