PDA

View Full Version : Most time efficient way to clean mud from vinyl or carpeting?

ShineTimeDetail
08-14-2011, 06:43 PM
So I have some construction trucks I gotta do tomorrow and they have lots of mud in them. They are F250's with vinyl floors. What's the most time efficient way to get these truck clean? I have 13 to do and would like to do them done on 1 day.

Also while we are on this subject what do you guys do for muddy carpets?

trerc
08-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Sweep whatever loose debris you can to start then pre treat with an APC of your choice followed by a GOOD soak and scrub with soap and water, vac up whatever water is left. I use a very similar method on muddy carpets...

Hoytman
08-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Sweep loose debree.
Agitate with a stiff briste brush and sweep again.
Apply Meguire's #39 Heavy Duty Vynil Cleaner (soak em') agitate.
If need be, but I doubt it, apply #39 again and wipe clean.

Works great!!!

Flash Gordon
08-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Garden hose, APC and a brush

ShineTimeDetail
08-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Sweep whatever loose debris you can to start then pre treat with an APC of your choice followed by a GOOD soak and scrub with soap and water, vac up whatever water is left. I use a very similar method on muddy carpets...

That's what I was planning.

If I use a hose will it drain out somewhere?

trerc
08-14-2011, 08:40 PM
That's what I was planning.

If I use a hose will it drain out somewhere?

Some water will be trapped by the sills, but can easily be dried with a shop vac and then further with some compressed air and a towel.

deluxedetailing
08-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Some water will be trapped by the sills, but can easily be dried with a shop vac and then further with some compressed air and a towel.

watch that the air doesnt blow little mud spots everywhere , it'll make double the work for you .
i like to brush and vac what you can off , spray autosmart G101 let sit for a couple of min's , then get the 'drill brush' ontop it , extract what you can off , then spray G101 again and with a damp rag/cloth remove whats left .... very rarely do you haveto soak carpet/vinyl ..... its takes #### loads longer to dry to , which wont help you if you are wanting to finish and deliver all 13 trucks :)

Dr Oldz
08-14-2011, 10:03 PM
A good soap, water and some junk rags will do wonders. Hot water BTW.