PDA

View Full Version : spider webbing

redline
08-14-2011, 01:11 PM
after doing some research spider webbing does not get mentioned alot.but what i find is that it seems to be unavoidable.so the question i ask are 1. does dry wash solve the problem .it seems to come from poor washing techniques.2.does drying it with wrong towel cause the problem. i use 2 bucket system and i still get spider webbing. i feel it is happening when i dry the car but thats just a guess .now what i want to know if i go to dry wash technique will it take off the sealant and wax ?

ScubaCougr
08-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Picture of the spider webbing (aka 'cobwebbing' ??) might help us give advice. Yes, drying with the wrong towel can create scratches.

Have you checked your MF towels to ensure they don't scratch (rub on the shiny side of a CD and look for scratches). Any chance your MFs have grit or any other contaminants in them?

Dry wash (ie: waterless wash) properly used will not take off wax or sealant. Many members here use it as their primary method. I'm using it more and more (versus rinseless) and not noticing scratches on my dark red daily driver.

Check your tools/towels carefully. Spider-webbing is avoidable.