PDA

View Full Version : Attention moble headlight restorers

harox52
08-14-2011, 10:57 AM
After applying a headlight lens sealer, how do you protect it since you are leaving the vehicle before it has cured.

Innovative
08-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Depending on the type of sealant used, I either use a HID UV curing lamp or a heat gun......I dont leave the lenses until they are completely cured which takes about 5 min per light.This way I can guarantee a flawlwss finish for my customers.....

My wipe on 2 part system cures with a heat source such as a heat gun or blow dryer. My spray on system catalyzes with a HID UV curing lamp.

harox52
08-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the info Dave.
Being such a newbie, sometimes it is simply embarissing to ask such questions.

Harry
La Grande, Oregon
Safety 1st Headlight Restoration
"Looking Good & Seeing Better"

alko
08-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the info Dave.
Being such a newbie, sometimes it is simply embarissing to ask such questions.

Harry
La Grande, Oregon
Safety 1st Headlight Restoration
"Looking Good & Seeing Better"

you never know the answer until you ask...and you never know...others may be thinking the same thing you are and just didn't get around to asking the question.

vinyldoctor
08-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Depending on the type of sealant used, I either use a HID UV curing lamp or a heat gun......I dont leave the lenses until they are completely cured which takes about 5 min per light.This way I can guarantee a flawlwss finish for my customers.....

My wipe on 2 part system cures with a heat source such as a heat gun or blow dryer. My spray on system catalyzes with a HID UV curing lamp.

thats what I was going to say. they are prolly using the wrong system for mobile use. when I walk away, everything iscured and setup. dealers and rental places want it now. I can't do a moterhome home and tell them to keep it out of service for 24 hours. course for a home, you could tell them not to use it for that long. but when they mess it you and say it's your fault, it comes out of your pocket.
plus, they may tell other people you are no good too. word of mouth travels, and they are 1000 detailers waiting to take your place.
thats another good reason for what I do. maybe 3 of us in the whole state. not the block.

vinyldoctor
08-15-2011, 05:14 PM
I saw some nice stuff at the last SEMA show.