PDA

View Full Version : Question about interiors

CaneCharger
08-13-2011, 06:56 PM
So, I use Poorboy's Natural look on the interior dash, doors, etc.
I know it says it cleans and protects, but I want to clean all the plastic before I put on the PB Natural Look...what products do you suggest? I do have APC+

Thoughts?

Robert8194
08-13-2011, 07:13 PM
APC + at 10:1 should do the trick. And you are wise to clean before PB Natural Look. It is a very good product but I haven't seen much cleaning power.

CaneCharger
08-13-2011, 07:21 PM
APC + at 10:1 should do the trick. And you are wise to clean before PB Natural Look. It is a very good product but I haven't seen much cleaning power.

So roughly 3 oz of APC+ in a 32 ouch bottle, with the other 29 oz's being water...correct?

FussMan
08-13-2011, 07:26 PM
I just found about this product....used it, love it!

1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner , dashboard cleaner, cockpit cleaner, 1Z einsett, einzett (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einzett-cockpit-premium.html)

Its does a great job on all things interior (except leather)..and its on sale !

Good Luck

Fussman

CaneCharger
08-13-2011, 08:29 PM

1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner , dashboard cleaner, cockpit cleaner, 1Z einsett, einzett (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einzett-cockpit-premium.html)

Good Luck

Fussman

Yeah I thought about that also...

dad07
08-13-2011, 08:34 PM
Opc+ at 10:1 will work very well,I also use OPC at 3:1 or full strenght and works extremely well.

Jenn1270
08-13-2011, 08:34 PM

Good Luck

Fussman

Does it suffice as a dressing too as in provide UV protection?

Jenn

cutter
08-13-2011, 08:45 PM
So, I use Poorboy's Natural look on the interior dash, doors, etc.
I know it says it cleans and protects, but I want to clean all the plastic before I put on the PB Natural Look...what products do you suggest? I do have APC+

Thoughts?

Since you already have the APC+, dilute it 10:1 or at a stronger dilution if you have some tough spots...It should work well for you.

Robert8194
08-13-2011, 08:57 PM
So roughly 3 oz of APC+ in a 32 ouch bottle, with the other 29 oz's being water...correct?

That is correct. I don't think it is critical that it is exact but better be a little weak than too strong.

Robert8194
08-13-2011, 09:02 PM

Good Luck

Fussman

I agree but it's a bummer that it doesn't do leather. There are too many good products that will work on leather as well.

FussMan
08-13-2011, 11:26 PM
I agree but it's a bummer that it doesn't do leather. There are too many good products that will work on leather as well.

I dont know products that can clean leather and the screen of a GPS screen. Leather needs a specific product. As far as Jeen-sters questions, I top off the cleaning from Einszett cockpit cleaner with Meguiars Ultimate Protectant Spray
. Its the best balance of simple and classic

Keep detailing simple or the neighbors will make fun of you!

FussMan

:props:

Ted S.
08-14-2011, 03:15 AM
303 Cleaner 15-30:1, depending on the level of filth on your vinyl.

Robert8194
08-14-2011, 07:25 AM
I dont know products that can clean leather and the screen of a GPS screen. Leather needs a specific product. As far as Jeen-sters questions, I top off the cleaning from Einszett cockpit cleaner with Meguiars Ultimate Protectant Spray
. Its the best balance of simple and classic

Keep detailing simple or the neighbors will make fun of you!

FussMan

:props:

Great point. I forgot about the Nav screen. I use Muc Off window cleaner for the Nav screen since they "claim" it kills germs as well. So, when I clean the inside of windshield, I hit the screen with the Muc Off. Thanks for the clarification and I agree leather is a surface unto itself.