PDA

View Full Version : 303 htfg pump spray fail

chipdog59
08-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Anyone have issues with the 303 spray bottle. I cleaned my fabric convertible, let it dry in the sun, pulled back into the shade of the carport, taped it out to avoid over spray and begin applying the 303. Half way into the job the bottle just quit working. When I unscrewed the top the tubing was no longer attached to the sprayer. Re-inserted but it still would not work. Had to switch to a the only spray bottle I could find but it really did not lay down the kind of spray I was getting from the 303 before it quit working. This made the job longer and fustrating as it was diffficult to keep the 303 liquid from foaming with the substitute sprayer. Eventualy the 303 settled and I assume soaked into the convertible top fabric but I am not sure if I got the same quality coverage I should have gotten if the 303 pump sprayer had not failed. Any thoughts on this? Do I now need to clean the top again and re-apply?

Ted S.
08-13-2011, 12:31 AM
I only had a problem with a 303 sprayer after closing a door on it...

just wait about 12 hours, clean the top with water, and put another coat of the HTFG on. This shouldn't hurt anything.

cutter
08-13-2011, 02:53 AM
Never had a problem with the 303...I do know NAPA has some Great spray bottles for $2.70 tax incl...So far it has handled my Griot's Undercarriage Spray!!! Just a though.

chipdog59
08-14-2011, 12:01 AM
I only had a problem with a 303 sprayer after closing a door on it...

just wait about 12 hours, clean the top with water, and put another coat of the HTFG on. This shouldn't hurt anything.

Thanks Ted, unfortunatly I had to drive the car today not to mention that between transferring 303 from one sprayer to the next and the 303 I lost in trying to get a adequate spray I really don't think I have enough for a third coat. I did allow the top to dry a good 12 plus hours and it definatley looks much better. Did not realize how dirty it must have been as now it deep black and water definitely repells from the surface. Guess I go on the assumation it is better protected than it was before.

chipdog59
08-14-2011, 12:07 AM
Never had a problem with the 303...I do know NAPA has some Great spray bottles for $2.70 tax incl...So far it has handled my Griot's Undercarriage Spray!!! Just a though.

Will be buying back up spray bottles for future projects. Live and learn Thanks

Ted S.
08-14-2011, 03:06 AM
Thanks Ted, unfortunatly I had to drive the car today not to mention that between transferring 303 from one sprayer to the next and the 303 I lost in trying to get a adequate spray I really don't think I have enough for a third coat. I did allow the top to dry a good 12 plus hours and it definatley looks much better. Did not realize how dirty it must have been as now it deep black and water definitely repells from the surface. Guess I go on the assumation it is better protected than it was before.

303 htfg is some amazing stuff.

CEE DOG
08-14-2011, 07:27 AM
Yes, I've had a problem with it failing as well. It still sprayed but just barely, Extremely irritating.

See how it beads and if it looks good you are good