PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm FINALLY set on not having to try new products for awhile...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

WRAPT C5Z06
08-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Here's a list of my favorite products....

Car wash: Prima Hydro Wash(weekly), CG Citrus Wash and Griot's Paint Prep(stripping) IronX Soap Gel(iron removal)

Quick Detailer, Clay Lube: Poorboy's Spray And Wipe

Wheel Cleaner: P21S Wheel Gel

Tires, Wheel Wells, Leather, Interior Panels, Engine, and Paint Cleaner: Optimum Power Clean

Leather Protectant: Leather Masters Protection Cream

Wheel Wheel Dressing, Exterior Grill Dressing, Engine dressing: CG More On Black

Glass Cleaner: Stoners Aerosol, Glass Science Glass Scrub(stripping)

Inspection Wipedown: Griot's Pre-Wax Cleaner

Interior Protectant: 1Z Cockpit Premium

Exterior Trim Dressing: Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant

Tire Dressing: Dodo Juice Tyromania

Compounds: Meg's D300, M105

AIO: Meg's D151

Finishing Polish: Meg's M205, D301, Sonax Paint Cleaner Polish

Metal Polish: Optimum Metal Polish

Plastic Polish: Meg's PlastX

Microfiber Cleaner: CG Microfiber Wash

Pad Cleaner: DP Polishing Pad Rejuvenatior

Clay: CG Medium Grade

Carpet And Upholstery Cleaner: Protect Carpet And Upholstery Cleaner, Protect Citrus boost

Polishers: Meg's G110v2, Flex 3401

Pads: Meg's MF Cutting and Finishing, B&S(yellow, Green, Blue), Surbuf

LSP: Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger

Adhesive Remover: 3M

I REALLY like all these products. I'm settling in for as long as I can! :laughing:

timaishu
08-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Nice! I wish I did more cars to warrant trying new things. But as it is, I have been more than satisfied with my ultimate compound and swirlx. I recently added ultimate polish to my lineup as well. I dont see myself buying other compounds unless I start doing this for money.

Im a big fan of megs interior quick detailer, I threw away all the other crappy interior cleaners to settle on this one.

I also love my GG rop. I only have orange and white pads. Would love to try out some others.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-12-2011, 10:43 PM
But as it is, I have been more than satisfied with my ultimate compound and swirlx. I recently added ultimate polish to my lineup as well.
All SMAT polishes. :righton:

john b
08-12-2011, 10:45 PM
no dodo soap?

embolism
08-12-2011, 10:45 PM
I thought you had a rotary, Mark

rwright
08-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Hey Mark, did you hear about the new....:bolt:

WRAPT C5Z06
08-12-2011, 10:55 PM
no dodo soap?
Just finished DJ soap and while it's good, I bought Prima HW, and like it better.

Tim, I had a Flex 3403, but sold it. I hated dealing with holograms, and with SMAT polishes and new technology pads, I get the results that I want with a DA.

Don't even mention it, Richard! :laughing:

Kurt_s
08-12-2011, 11:44 PM
Hey Buddy,

I've seen your "I'm done" posts before. I don't recognize too many products from the last one. Egads, the Flex is gone too??? Let us know how we can entice you again.

"Stay thirsty my friend."

WRAPT C5Z06
08-13-2011, 12:55 AM
Hey Buddy,

I've seen your "I'm done" posts before. I don't recognize too many products from the last one. Egads, the Flex is gone too??? Let us know how we can entice you again.

"Stay thirsty my friend."
Hey Kurt,

The Flex is not going anywhere, it's listed.

Many products are different, but I'm confident this time around.

Remember, I said for "awhile". How long is awhile? I'm not sure. :laughing:

silverfox
08-13-2011, 05:14 AM
I've discovered that 98% of all the cars I will ever touch... Can be done beautifully with 6-8 products. I've concentrated on working with these products until I can adapt them to almost every situation. I've discovered it pays dividends to stay within one or two family of products and know them forwards, backwards, and upside down. The product of the week club is one I revoked my membership with a long time ago. I've branded around Megs, Optimum, and Menzerna(for jeweling).

Detailing made easy is my moto. Now there is relatively new line of products that are getting quite a buzz on another forum. A new polish that will cut as well as 105 and finish almost as good as PO85rd by just changing pads. Game changers like this and Megs DA microfiber system have opened my eyes as to how simpler detailing can be without destroying your bank account or trying to deal with hundreds of products.

Bunky
08-13-2011, 06:55 AM
I REALLY like all these products. I'm settling in for as long as I can! :laughing:

Some of these products have only been on the market for over a year so your list is quite current.

What about your pressure washer?

BobbyG
08-13-2011, 07:12 AM
Mark,

Like you Mark, I have tried allot of products through the years and have settled on some great ones. I've found several on your list to be part of my go to list as well and due to your recommendations.

One product line I've tried recently are the ones offered by Werkstat. I was thrilled with their performance particularly their Acrylic Jett and Acrylic Jett Trigger.

I've just started using Dodo products and they seem to work quite well.

Not having to try new products huh.......let's see how long you can hold out my friend. :laughing:

Capa1970
08-13-2011, 07:57 AM
Mark, thanks for sharing. You should do a comparison write-up on the Meg's and Griot's DA. Would love to hear your thoughts.

FUNX650
08-13-2011, 08:14 AM
Remember, I said for "awhile". How long is awhile? I'm not sure. :laughing:

Mark, oh Mark, oh Mark.........It's a good thing my "Financial Advisor's" commission rate for my constant buy-sell actions on re-arranging my portfolio, (often based on your products selections...and therefore the companies that 'own' them), is very reasonable or I would have been broke by now! :D

Now that you seem to have settled down, so can I (?). During these difficult economic periods, I just hope that your "awhile" is for a very protracted time. :)

J/K. Enjoy yourself and be the detailer others will envy.

Bob

C. Charles Hahn
08-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Anyone want to start taking bets on how long Mark lasts until he buys something new to try? :laughing: