PDA

View Full Version : Applying hyper dressing?

93fox
08-12-2011, 05:54 PM
so i finally got some hyper dressing to use on wheel wells and tires. i diluted it to 4:1 but i feel i applied it wrong or something. The tires looked good to the customer but to me they didnt seem to look that great. I sprayed it on the tire and then wiped it around with a MF towel. How do most of you guys apply it? :dunno:

Flash Gordon
08-12-2011, 06:03 PM
so i finally got some hyper dressing to use on wheel wells and tires. i diluted it to 4:1 but i feel i applied it wrong or something. The tires looked good to the customer but to me they didnt seem to look that great. I sprayed it on the tire and then wiped it around with a MF towel. How do most of you guys apply it? :dunno:

Hey Oscar

I've never used the stuff, but have used dozens of others....the same application plan seems to always provide the best results for me

1) Spray on product (Gels suck, and are nasty)

2) Walk away for 2 hours amd let it cure

3) Polish wheels

Good luck

Flash

93fox
08-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Hey Oscar

I've never used the stuff, but have used dozens of others....the same application plan seems to always provide the best results for me

1) Spray on product (Gels suck, and are nasty)

2) Walk away for 2 hours amd let it cure

3) Polish wheels

Good luck

Flash

so its best to shoot it onto the tires and wipe any residue off the wheel and just let it sit?

ive always used gel ones but hyper dressing seems cost efficient.

Flash Gordon
08-12-2011, 06:31 PM
so its best to shoot it onto the tires and wipe any residue off the wheel and just let it sit?

ive always used gel ones but hyper dressing seems cost efficient.

Thats the way I do it. If you have a product that slings though, your going to be in trouble

Midnight1700
08-12-2011, 06:46 PM
We use Hyperdressing, 3:1. The key point to remember when using a water based tire dressing is the the tire needs to be clean. We use APC (10:1) and a good wheel brush. Rinse, then wipe down using a clean towel. Then, we spray the Hyperdressing and blend it in using a towel. Without a through cleaning, all the Hyperdressing in the world won't make the tire look good.

Flash Gordon
08-12-2011, 06:50 PM
We use Hyperdressing, 3:1. The key point to remember when using a water based tire dressing is the the tire needs to be clean. We use APC (10:1) and a good wheel brush. Rinse, then wipe down using a clean towel. Then, we spray the Hyperdressing and blend it in using a towel. Without a through cleaning, all the Hyperdressing in the world won't make the tire look good.

:iagree:

Good point!

Don't forget to clean the tire before applying your dressing Oscar :) and make sure the tire is 100% dry before applying ;)

A.P.A.D.
08-12-2011, 07:05 PM
i spray the product (i used Duragloss #281) on a tire applicator pad (http://www.autogeek.net/tire-applicator.html) and apply to the tire as such. this eliminates overspray, keeps the rims clean, and allows u to apply product in a uniform manner.

Dr Oldz
08-12-2011, 07:19 PM
The key for me is to spray and let sit at least a half hour, then wipe excess off. If you wipe off as soon as you spray, it doesn't get a chance to penetrate.

Wendell Jarvis
08-12-2011, 07:25 PM
The key for me is to spray and let sit at least a half hour, then wipe excess off. If you wipe off as soon as you spray, it doesn't get a chance to penetrate.

:iagree:I tried several methods, it certainly looks better after penetrating.....I used a dedicated foam applicator for tires......It is a good product, and thats coming from a loyal Opti-Bond user.....Megs is more cost effective.....but I still love the look of Opti-Bond

Ted S.
08-12-2011, 07:26 PM
I've stayed away from the Hyper dressing so far because I hear the durability sucks. Tell me how you like it Oscar!

Flash Gordon
08-12-2011, 07:56 PM
If you wipe off as soon as you spray, it doesn't get a chance to penetrate.

Thats what she said...

jcarson112
08-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Thats what she said...

Hahahaha that was epic.

93fox
08-12-2011, 09:23 PM
I've stayed away from the Hyper dressing so far because I hear the durability sucks. Tell me how you like it Oscar!

i mainly got it for wheel wells and the steps that are on the side of the trucks and stuff like that. i really didnt get it for the tires. i will continue to use the DP gel one.. i love that thing!

Ted S.
08-12-2011, 10:49 PM
i mainly got it for wheel wells and the steps that are on the side of the trucks and stuff like that. i really didnt get it for the tires. i will continue to use the DP gel one.. i love that thing!

Im a WG BDTG guy myself. Oh, *expletive*, that reminds me; gotta wipe the excess off the tires...hopefully that's not what she said!:bolt:

D_Nyholm
08-14-2011, 10:04 AM
I just spray it on the tires and that is it. I use it 1:1 on the tires and 4:1 on the wheelwells. All the drip seem to blend themselves and the shine is more when you don't wipe it. Most customers like the bling bling tires and this is the only way i can get it. I use it 4:1 on my own cars most of the time and I spray it on to a red lake country wax pad and spread it across the tire with that.

I've noticed it you apply it to trim like black plastic mirrors and such, you can get streaking at 4:1 with a pad that needs to be buffed down. Sometimes a second coat is needed as well.