PDA

View Full Version : Household Glass cleaners?

Pages : [1] 2

RoyalBlUE08
08-12-2011, 08:05 AM
Is there any household glass cleaners thats good?

I swear i tried everything in the world and my glass windshield can NEVER get clean without streaks and that stupid foggy hazyness that you cant see through when sun strikes it.

If there isn't any good household products what should i buy from AG? Anyone have samples that they can send my way?

Bamaboy007
08-12-2011, 08:08 AM

I swear i tried everything in the world and my glass windshield can NEVER get clean without streaks and that stupid foggy hazyness that you cant see through when sun strikes it.

If there isn't any good household products what should i buy from AG? Anyone have samples that they can send my way?

Meguiar's Glass Cleaner is the best I've ever used and I've used a bunch.

BobbyG
08-12-2011, 08:25 AM
There are two important components to glass cleaning:

Meguiar's Class Cleaner concentrate
Microfiber Glass Towel.

1 + 2 = Clear Streak-free glass :props:

RTexasF
08-12-2011, 08:26 AM
I can vouch for Sprayway. No smear and can be found at the grocercy store, Wal Mart, etc. Inexpensive and safe for tint. I use a waffle weave towel for cleaning glass.

RoyalBlUE08
08-12-2011, 08:31 AM
thanks guys! will make my order soon :)

i love autogeek

TLMitchell
08-12-2011, 08:33 AM
Meguiar's Glass Cleaner is the best I've ever used and I've used a bunch.

There are two important components to glass cleaning:

Meguiar's Class Cleaner concentrate
Microfiber Glass Towel.
1 + 2 = Clear Streak-free glass :props:

I can vouch for Sprayway. No smear and can be found at the grocercy store, Wal Mart, etc. Inexpensive and safe for tint. I use a waffle weave towel for cleaning glass.

I can vouch for Meguiar's and Sprayway. Stoner's IG is good as well.

It's tough reaching places on interiors and maintaining uniform pressure and avoiding getting smudges from your hand. The Stoner's Reach Tool is worthwhile for getting corners and spotless glass.

Stoner Invisible Glass Reach & Clean Tool (http://www.autogeek.net/stoner-invisible-glass-reach---clean-tool.html)

Tough to inspect and measure your progress without direct sunlight... and it's impossible to get thorough, streakfree cleaning while IN direct sunlight. I clean the outside glass using up n down wipes... back n forth on the inside. I still get streaks that need touched up after cleaning but at least I know whether they're inside or outside.

TL

Mike McDonald
08-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Meguiars glass cleaner is great. I also use Stoners aerosol, which is more commonly found. The aerosol works a lot better than the spray, no clue why but it got rid of the haze on my windshield that only a detailers eye would see.

tommythecat
08-12-2011, 10:20 AM
I think having a dedicated glass towel makes a huge difference in how clean/streak free you get your glass. I bought Surf City Glass Cleaner after a bunch of people raved about it here and I saw it at a local Pep Boys. Didn't impress me at all...until I got the waffle weave glass towels on BOGO here a while back. The towels made a massive improvement in performance. I use 2 towels...one for cleaning and one for drying. The towels soak up product like nobody's business so it is necessary. Having a high quality glass cleaner does make a difference, but even Windex didn't perform half bad with the waffle weave towels.

chevchenko
08-12-2011, 11:48 AM
which towel are you talking about?

Bamaboy007
08-12-2011, 11:54 AM
which towel are you talking about?

this towel
The Cobra Waffle Weave Microfiber Glass Towel cleans & buffs glass to crystal clarity with the soft texture of genuine Cobra microfiber. (http://www.autogeek.net/ww1627.html)

mwoolfso
08-12-2011, 01:19 PM

I have not used many products so based on my experience Stoner's Invisible Glass (aerosol) wins hands-down. Hardly any effort in getting the glass cleaned. Initially on some panes (house and auto), had to go with a second pass. After IG I then tried Sprayway and while cheaper, I didn't get the same benefits. I had to work a little harder (not much but enough). So I am now dedicated to IG. On larger windows in my home, truly, invisible. Never thought it was possible to see such clarity on my windows. Auto stores in my area sell IG for about $5-7. Walmart sells it for $3.50 (cannot go wrong there in this case).

D.Acker
08-12-2011, 01:39 PM

I believe I have the same issue. Not with streaks etc, however I get that haze also, it's almost like a greasy film on the inside of the windshield.

Anyone else figure out a way to get rid of that film and keep it gone! Megs glass cleaner is what I use btw.

dwengier77
08-12-2011, 01:41 PM
I have been using Stoner's with microfiber towel to good results. i just got Glass science kit. I will be trying that this weekend..

Bunky
08-12-2011, 03:29 PM
I would suggest using 2 towels - one for wiping and one for drying. If you take a damp towel and rub hard against glass, the liquid than go the other way (back on the glass).

trerc
08-14-2011, 08:50 PM
I use Stoners aerosol exclusively for glass. I haven't used a ton of glass cleaners but I found stoners a long time ago, it was readily available and worked great so I really haven't shopped around. I will also say that the towel makes all the real difference in glass cleaning. If you don't have a glass microfiber than use a soft terry. Lint from a terry is a lot easier to clean that lint from the wrong microfiber, and as stated before, you will never get good results on hot glass or cleaning glass in the sun. :xyxthumbs: