PDA

View Full Version : My cart empties itself

Y2KSVT
08-11-2011, 09:32 PM
On my desktop and my work laptop, I can add items to my cart and they stay in there until I either remove them or purchase those items. On the laptop at home, I'll add an item and it shows in the cart, but as soon as I add a second item, the first item is no longer in there. Is there a setting I need to change on this laptop? I'm not really computer savvy. Thanks!

Rayaz
08-11-2011, 10:43 PM
I would have said check cookies because you can set the browser to erase them when you exit but items shouldn't fall out unless you close the browser or turn the machine off. FYI they aren't erased on your work machines because most employers want to be able to see where you have been and what you are doing.

There is a check box in internet explorer settings that controls this feature. I ain't exactly Bill Gates myself...

C. Charles Hahn
08-11-2011, 10:46 PM
Hmm... that's interesting. Usually it's my wallet that empties itself :laughing:

Cat ji
08-12-2011, 02:16 AM
Check the browser security settings. Which web browser is it? Somehow, cookie/s being cleared.

BobbyG
08-12-2011, 06:36 AM
Hmm... that's interesting. Usually it's my wallet that empties itself :laughing:

Charlie, I too was thinking along those same lines!! :laughing: :laughing:

My cart is empty and so is my wallet...could there be a connection here? :eek:

Y2KSVT
08-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Check the browser security settings. Which web browser is it? Somehow, cookie/s being cleared.

Internet Explorer on all accounts.

embolism
08-12-2011, 09:01 AM
cart is only useful for keeping a list

after my last order debacle using the checkout system, I've decided to just call in my orders from now on.

on the plus side, at least I get to speak to a nice person instead of having to deal with quirky technology.

Y2KSVT
08-12-2011, 09:20 AM
cart is only useful for keeping a list

after my last order debacle using the checkout system, I've decided to just call in my orders from now on.

on the plus side, at least I get to speak to a nice person instead of having to deal with quirky technology.

And a list is precisely why I'd like for the cart to work. Sure, I could write them down, but then I stand the chance of losing it, having my wife throw it away, the cat batting it around, the dog eating it; you get the picture. I suppose I won't be able to use that laptop when building a cart.

Flash Gordon
08-12-2011, 10:37 AM

Charlie, I too was thinking along those same lines!! :laughing: :laughing:

My cart is empty and so is my wallet...could there be a connection here? :eek:

Its my CC that gets me

When I enter the numbers and hit submit, I get the message "are you kidding"