PDA

View Full Version : Front and rear window, PITA

Pages : [1] 2

New Image
08-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else have issues cleaning front and rear windows. Seem like I can never get the streaks or grim out in a timely manner, it takes me forever!

Tools..
Stoner invisible glass cleaner
Steel wool #0000
microfiber towel
Razor ( if needed)

I spray the window with stoner and go over the surface with wool then wipe clean. Same deal on the inside but I use my back hand to help get in tight spots.
Get out inspect and i see streaks or the pattern of my hand motion. I then have to repeat about 3-5 times to get it right. Anyone one have tips or suggestions?

2kredbb6
08-11-2011, 08:51 PM
I use IPA.

skipper1
08-11-2011, 08:52 PM
I will be watching this one for tips on doing inside front & back. It was much easier in my 20's.

dad07
08-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Stoners is great product, and I use it, but for dirty,dirty glass I turn to megs glass cleaner.

Use a glass mf and megs and I think you will see a big difference.

Stoners has a great tool for those tight spots and yes it works with megs glass cleaner,using different strokes on the inside and outside will help in seeing streaks and what side of the glass they are on.

normally with megs i don't have streaks.A gallon of megs will make 11 gallons and is very inexpensive.

Hope this helps!

jsgntulok
08-11-2011, 09:24 PM
I use nothing but Megs glass cleaner along with Cobra blue glass cleaning microfiber cloths. However, cleaning front and rear glass is difficult due to the sometimes extreme angle of the glass. After cleaning with Megs and microfiber, I use tool similar to the Glass Master Pro Glass and Surface Cleaner sold here at Autogeek. I spray it lightly with Megs then use it for a final wipe down. The long handle lets me get into the extreme corners and bottom edges where there is very little clearance.

catfish07
08-11-2011, 09:29 PM
I hate glass... As a failsafe I have the vx5000 heated up.. That will do it quick!

Belair
08-12-2011, 09:19 AM
IME frequent cleaning of glass helps keep the grime under control. I use Megs cleaner & Huck surgical towels along with a glass cleaning tool I bought at Big Lots for $3 - has a handle & a pad at the bottom for cleaning tight corners.

BobbyG
08-12-2011, 09:27 AM
I use nothing but Megs glass cleaner along with Cobra blue glass cleaning microfiber cloths. However, cleaning front and rear glass is difficult due to the sometimes extreme angle of the glass. After cleaning with Megs and microfiber, I use tool similar to the Glass Master Pro Glass and Surface Cleaner sold here at Autogeek. I spray it lightly with Megs then use it for a final wipe down. The long handle lets me get into the extreme corners and bottom edges where there is very little clearance.

Along with this I use a handy little tool I picked up at Wal-Mart..

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Detailing/Glass.jpg

daveinsweethome
08-12-2011, 09:46 AM
i wouldnt even try to clean interior back and front windows without the tool. have a caddy cts and the back window is impossible without it. i mean that literally.

Old Tiger
08-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Along with this I use a handy little tool I picked up at Wal-Mart..

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Detailing/Glass.jpg
It is very handy indeed! I often use them dry with elbow grease on interior glass,

catfish07
08-30-2011, 04:43 PM
I Gotta try that thing.. I'd rather eat my own spleen than have to do the back and front windows!

JRivers
08-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Ha! I thought I was the only one hate doing the glass :D I just did not want to come out and sound like a sissy :D
Must get that tool now! I though it was a gimmick, but it's great to know it actually works.

New Image
08-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Well ...ordered the glass master pro and the surgical huck towels. So we'll have to see what happens!

Kristopher1129
08-30-2011, 11:19 PM
This might sound ridiculous to some...but I've gotten all my guys to do it now. I find that it's actually easier to clean the inside back window, and tight corners of the inside front window by laying the towel on the top of your hand.

Instead of placing it in your palm...lay it on top of your hand. It basically creates the very same convenience you get from one of those hand tools if you think about it. I do it this way all the time, and it helps to avoid the uncomfortable twisting and contortion acts you have to perform to get the corners.

It also eliminates your knuckles from being in the way of getting the bottom edge of the window.

timaishu
08-31-2011, 01:02 AM
I hate windows lol.

About a month ago my sister went on vacation and I suprised her by detailing her car and I didnt do the windows because it was really hot out and I forgot to do them later. So when I picked her up from the airport I fel super embarassed because the car was spotless other than the streaking windows lol.

But man, I sure hate windows.