PDA

View Full Version : Getting Natty's Blue Out of Jar

5Toes
08-11-2011, 01:58 AM
Hey All. I bought some Natty's Blue as my first ever wax product. Great stuff. BUT I have a problem.

On the same order, I also order the Lake Country CCS Euro applicators. Love those too. Just I cant get the wax on them at all! My first time suing the wax, I dropped the first two applicators, so I wasted a bunch of product having to use 3 applicators :(

Either way, I see Mike Phillips take wax out of the jar and rub it on the pads he uses. How can I do this. I have held the jar and knocked it a couple times,, but it wont budge out. Maybe Microwave for a couple secs then try to get it out?

Any help appreciated

maximus20895
08-11-2011, 02:10 AM
You can do that or let it sit outside for a bit. You say you dropped some applicators and you wasted a bunch of product. You shouldn't have that much product at all on the pad..certainly not clumps of it.

5Toes
08-11-2011, 02:17 AM
I didnt have clumps. But it was very hard to get an even finish, had to scoop even amounts onto each end.

maximus20895
08-11-2011, 02:24 AM
just put the pad on the wax and move the jar three or four times in a twist motion. It will heat the wax and melt it and it will be on your pad. You shouldn't notice that any is gone from the jar that's how little you need.

5Toes
08-11-2011, 02:37 AM
Once I get it out?

See the problem is that only the tip of the applicator fits in the jar. Therefore, only tip can be used to wax car

Cat ji
08-11-2011, 03:57 AM
Use your fingers. Wipe some out, dig it out with your finger and then smear it lightly over the applicator. Or cut a chunk of wax out of the jar and wipe it over the applicator. Do it over a clean sheet of paper so if you drop anything, you don't have to throw it away.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
08-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Run a knife around the edge of the wax circle and it will pop right out :xyxthumbs:

embolism
08-11-2011, 10:56 AM
get some microfibre gloves to hold the wax

maybe you can just pass the wax back and forth a few times, put it back in the jar, then wax your car using both hands!

or just take a butter knife and scrape off a thin amount to prime the pad. Once primed you need very little for subsequent applications

bobble
08-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Run a knife around the edge of the wax circle and it will pop right out :xyxthumbs:

Works everytime, use it that way to put on an LC red pad to machine apply. You do not need much at all to get good coverage.

5Toes
08-13-2011, 02:04 AM
Thank you all

PPLd
08-13-2011, 03:15 AM
I use Griot's Garage 3 Inch Mini Red Wax Pad (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-red-pads-3.html) to apply Natty's as well as some other paste wax which come with a small jar.