PDA

View Full Version : Little help with cleaning microfiber's etc

Surfer
04-30-2006, 11:52 AM
How exactly do you guys clean them. Like our washer and dryer are electric and have a ton of options and settings. Power wash, delicates, eco-cycle etc and a bunch of others. If I wanted to clean my microfibers, what setting's do you guys use? What temp settings (warm/warm, cold/warm etc)? What about adding vinegar? Do I just pull out of the auto dispenser thingy and add the Tide Free Liquid and then Vinegar to the fabric dispenser section, or just pour it in on rinse?

Sorry, just confused.

And what about drying? I already know no fabric softner etc.

Sevenrd
04-30-2006, 12:05 PM
I wash mine in hot on the delicate cycles. I wait for the water level to get up a bit then add liquid detergent.

As for drying, I use a low heat air fluff setting.

FloridaNative
04-30-2006, 12:38 PM
For me, depending upon how gunky my MF's are, I might wash them out first with dishwashing liquid and rinse thoroughly before throwing them into the washing machine. I always wash my MF's separately from everything else and use the warm water setting and the medium heat setting on the dryer.No bleach. No fabric softener. Here also is a link about Microfiber care http://autogeek.net/mi101.html
I haven't used the cleaning solutions yet, but I plan to get some and try it out. I'll let you know my results. Hope this is helpful. :)

ScottB
05-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Well let me start by saying I have NEVER done laundry. I got married in order to get my clothes washed and to save on drycleaning. But there are strict rules for micro care:

1. Use the micro cleaners when possible (Pinnacle, Microrestore, CharleysSoap)
2. NEVER use fabric softner
3. NO heat, allow to tumble or air dry.
4. NEVER wash with any other laundry, not even reg towels
5. Store them seperately as possible. Consider zip locks or special storage.

Kiss spouse for keeping them in tip-top shape for the next detailing sessions.
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/liebe/love-smiley-024.gif

98bmw323is
05-04-2006, 08:52 PM
i take a 2.5 gallon bucket. put liquid detergent in the bottom and alittle bit of dawn soap. fill it with hot water, as hot as my hands can stand it. then wash each batch of towels (door jamb towels, miracle, guzzler). empty the water between each different batch of towels and refill using same method. then air dry them. worked perfect.

FloridaNative
05-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Great tips Killerwheels but I cannot believe that you have NEVER done laundry in your life!!:eek: Man!! I had to do laundry for my whole house (6 people) when I was just 7 years old! Damn! Your mama spoiled you! ehehehhehehe

Well let me start by saying I have NEVER done laundry. I got married in order to get my clothes washed and to save on drycleaning. But there are strict rules for micro care:

1. Use the micro cleaners when possible (Pinnacle, Microrestore, CharleysSoap)
2. NEVER use fabric softner
3. NO heat, allow to tumble or air dry.
4. NEVER wash with any other laundry, not even reg towels
5. Store them seperately as possible. Consider zip locks or special storage.

Kiss spouse for keeping them in tip-top shape for the next detailing sessions.
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/liebe/love-smiley-024.gif