PDA

View Full Version : An interesting call...

Pages : [1] 2

DaGonz
08-10-2011, 10:37 PM
I got a call from a client who I did a detail for recently. She asked if I used any "armor all" on the interior of her car. I said I didn't, that I used Meguiar's Interior QD to do the dash and door panels for the natural look, which 99.99% of my clients want for their interiors..

She asked me if I could "make the insides shiny".... I have Meg's NXT interior protectant, Natural shine and Hyper Dressing in the arsenal... I am picking the car up early tomorrow evenng to "make it shiny" and make her happy. A happy customer will return.

Jenn1270
08-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Meguiars Supreme Shine Protectant, interior protectant, rubber and vinyl protectant, plastic protectant, vinyl dressing, UV dash protectant, meguiars (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-rubber-protectant.html)

Will surely get her some glare inducing "shiny" interior

Jenn

shoeless89
08-10-2011, 10:55 PM
Armor All is way to greasy

V3AutoDetailing
08-10-2011, 10:57 PM
Hyper dressing 1:1 will do the trick.

cutter
08-10-2011, 11:04 PM
I don't see how they deal with the Sun's reflections...Sooo Danged Bright!!! But a "Happy Customer" is a return Customer...Keep them Happy!!!!Im the MAN

Julesh
08-11-2011, 07:24 AM
Ugh! It looks so greasy and nasty. Much prefer a clean look. Well at least you tried to enlighten her.

mdb917
08-11-2011, 08:06 AM
Doesn't matter what WE think...the customer wants it shiny...make it SHINY. :)

Same thing for tires, a lot of people prefer the hyper shine that some tire dressings leave.

You can always try to educate them but people have their own tastes and in some cases you'll have to succomb to their wishes.

Personally I prefer dark matte finishes for interior and tires.

Flannigan
08-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Ugh, I dread that call. I have had people ask about the lack of shine on their interior and tires, but after I explain to them the quality products I use, and how they don't have a greasy look, they understand. I have never had a customer actually want to come back and have shine added. Good luck...lol

aerogt01
08-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Look at it this way: At least she knows what she wants and is willing to tell you.

I believe (there is no way to know) I have lost a couple of customers because I didn't do exactly what they wanted me to, but weren't willing to tell me.

DaGonz
08-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Well....
I go over to her house this late this afternoon with the Meg's Interior QD, Hyper Dressing, NXT interior protectant and Natural Shine. I also brought along a diluted mixture of Zep Citrus to clean up the product samples. The sun was at the perfect angle for showing reflections...

I did a small sample of each to show her what they would look like....

NXT: way too shiny
Hyper dressing: still too shiny
Natural shine: Okay... :xyxthumbs::
Meg's Interior QD: perfect... :dblthumb2:

Go figure... as that is what I did the car in to begin with!

I cleaned up the sample areas, the sprayed some IQD on a microfiber, wiped down the dash, console and interior panels...

She's happy now ... and wants me to call her in October to do the car again before winter sets in. :cool:

Flash Gordon
08-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Dress her interior with a silicone based dressing

oldmodman
08-11-2011, 06:10 PM
That's the way to do it!

Make the customer happy, even it they don't really know what they want.

With me it's tires. Some people want them as dull as they were brand new. Some just want the brown gone. And some want them to look like they were chromed.

I will generally hit a sample spot on their tires with three different products and ask them which they prefer. It always amazes me how many people like Meguiar's Insane Shine.

The customer is always right.:dblthumb2:

Jenn1270
08-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Darn women....can't make up their mind....

Oops...I think I fit in both of those categories

Jenn

Twister
08-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Well it's nice that she called you and that you were willing to accommodate her. How many people wouldn't be happy with something but wouldn't call if it were something like that. It shows she was comfortable calling you which is a great thing.

A.P.A.D.
08-11-2011, 07:40 PM
good job taking care of the customer. a lil extra running around on your part, but it always pays off!