PDA

View Full Version : Push in the right direction

02DWB
08-10-2011, 09:16 PM
About an hour ago I posted up a thread comparing two different polishers. Well I got some answers and JUST bought a PC 7424. So now I need a push in the right direction of products. I own a 2002 Ford Ranger XLT that Im looking to shine up the paint on and correct some of the markings. From what I have read the Wolfgang Twins seems like a awesome product. Would I need to pair that with anything else? Like a wax? Since its my on of my dailys would I be better off going with the Mequires Brilliant Kit? Also want to referb my leather seats in my 2001 Grand Cherokee and leaning twords the wolfgang leather car combo.

ANY information is good information. Ive been reading the articles by Mike and learning a little here and there. Just ALOT of information to sort through and pick what I need because, like some, Im not looking to become a profesional. Just a guy that wants his stuff to look nice.

Also whats a good storage container. Im currently using a Rubber Maid to carry my stuff and it opens and gets everwere.

I also would post pictures but Im about 10,000 miles away from my cars but Im kind of Gun Ho about it and want to get alot of the research done before I get home.

Im the MAN

shoeless89
08-10-2011, 10:21 PM
I love the PC 7424XP. How bad is the condition of your paint? Light swirls? Deeper scratches? ect. I've never use the Wolfgang Swirl Remover but I hear good things. As far as compounds/polishes go it really depends on the condition of your paint on how aggressive of a product you need. IMO Meg's M105 and M205 is a great combo, theres not much that you can't tackle with one or both of these products.

As far a wax/sealants go it depends on personal preference, color of car, are you looking for the longest protection or the best looking.

Hope some of that helps! Keep reading and asking questions and you'll get great tips and information. And feel free to call the customer service people at Autogeek. They are great people! They can also give you some tips!

02DWB
08-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Probably best looking! The color is Deep Wedgewood blue. Picture attached. The paint looks like the porshe in this thread.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/26233-1994-porsche-detailed-operation-comfort-modeled-brittany.html

V3AutoDetailing
08-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Menzerna SIP and Super Finish. Get your self a few lacke country orange and whait pads to start.

Have fun most of all. O this is very addicting and your going to spend lots of money.

truckbutt
08-11-2011, 12:28 PM
IMO Meg's M105 and M205 is a great combo, theres not much that you can't tackle with one or both of these products.

:iagree: