PDA

View Full Version : Waterless =/= Rinseless

Pages : [1] 2

qaz393
08-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Waterless car wash products, ecotouch waterless wash, griots waterless wash, optimum onr, automotive waterless car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/waterless-car-wash-products.html)

i suggest that the onr, dp rinseless be moved or separated or sub paged.

Setec Astronomy
08-10-2011, 09:18 PM
And this would help how?

qaz393
08-10-2011, 09:19 PM
because rinseless still uses water.

Chris Thomas
08-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Technically all waterless products to my knowledge use water. Some are bought as a concentrate, others are shipped prediluted...but all have water.

The term waterless actually only means that you don't need a hose...not literally that you don't need water.

qaz393
08-10-2011, 10:23 PM
true most are waterbased, however, in a waterban where the city doesnt want you to be washing your car, you could get in trouble for using rinseless. however, if it was the waterless like in a spray bottle i think the authority will have nothing to say.

DaGonz
08-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Do it in your garage with the door closed.... nobody will know!

shoeless89
08-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Do it in your garage with the door closed.... nobody will know!

EXACTLY! No body is going to keep me from washing my car. I think I would FREAK OUT!!! AHHHH :buffing:

qaz393
08-10-2011, 11:14 PM
EXACTLY! No body is going to keep me from washing my car. I think I would FREAK OUT!!! AHHHH :buffing:

you guys might as well just get a couple tarps for the wall and ceiling and start using the garden hose/pressure washer inside the garage

FUNX650
08-10-2011, 11:44 PM
true most are waterbased, however, in a waterban where the city doesnt want you to be washing your car, you could get in trouble for using rinseless. however, if it was the waterless like in a spray bottle i think the authority will have nothing to say.

Don't buy, or use, any more 'rinseless' products, then. I wouldn't want you, or anyone for that matter, getting into any kind of trouble.

Bob

HiDefDetailer
08-11-2011, 01:38 AM
As a marketer and user of "waterless" car wash I think it's truly the way to maintain your car regardless of water restrictions or not. Because it's so versatile.
Technically, the main ingredient of "waterless" is water though! At my shop we measure our water usage in ounces not gallons.

Twister
08-11-2011, 10:44 AM

Would you really be in trouble for rinseless? From what I read on our restrictions I can't wash my car but is specific on time and dates. I believe it says no hose or running water. Of course this isn't the higher level restrictions that we will have next month.

Setec Astronomy
08-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Would you really be in trouble for rinseless? From what I read on our restrictions I can't wash my car but is specific on time and dates. I believe it says no hose or running water. Of course this isn't the higher level restrictions that we will have next month.

Usually you can use gray water ("dirty" water that would be going down the drain, like laundry rinse water, or a sinkfull of water from when you were washing your face, for example) for watering etc. under these restrictions. So you could use that water for your ONR bucket, or tell them you did. Another member has suggested dehumidifier water.

Y2KSVT
08-11-2011, 11:03 AM
How can they keep track of your water? They'll never know if you filled up a bucket with a few gallons of water, or if you took an extra 2 minute shower.

OhTwoGT
08-11-2011, 11:37 AM
How can they keep track of your water? They'll never know if you filled up a bucket with a few gallons of water, or if you took an extra 2 minute shower.

This^ How are they going to find out?

SRTSean
08-11-2011, 11:40 AM
This^ How are they going to find out?

Telescreen.