PDA

View Full Version : Cat Urine! Suggestions?

Pages : [1] 2

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
08-10-2011, 02:30 PM
So i got a call yesterday from the mother of a client of mine. Apparently her daughter locked a cat inside of her friends car as a HS 'prank'....:nomore: Not too smart. The cat is ok thank goodness (i live in Az and cars heat up VERY fast out here) but the little fur ball did urinate in the car...hell after 7 hours i woulda too lol. So now the mom is having to pay for the friends car to be cleaned up (understandably so).

SOOO my question is...anyone have any experience with this? I planned to clean/extract it probably using some APC and APC+ and ill have some Folex on hand also. It sounds like it is mostly the smell that the guy isn't happy with...and i dont blame him, but of course i want the stain gone too. I'm going to pick up an Odor Bomb also and set it off after cleaning the spot. I have a little steamer too but not sure if that would be of any use or not.

So that being said..suggestions? I figured id do a quick interior on it...just a wipe down and maybe dress the dash area...vacuum the whole thing...get it in presentable shape...as sort of an extra since they only asked that the stain/smell be removed.

I priced it out at about $100 depending on how long it takes us..ive never done pet stain removal before though so any input on that would be appreciated.

Thanks all.

truckbutt
08-10-2011, 02:34 PM
You can get a cat urine eliminator from a pet supply store. They are very effective.

aerogt01
08-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Nature's Miracle Shampoo and Spot Treatment. It is literally the only stuff I have found that works.

Shampoo using the stuff as an additive. Once that is done and dried, soak (literally, soak) "Ground Zero" with the spot treatment and a little bit of extra area. Allow to dry (about a day) then give it a good sniff. All other areas that still smell can be misted with the spray and it usually takes care of it.

I have lots of experience with that problem, just not usually in the car.

tuscarora dave
08-10-2011, 02:37 PM
She should have been arrested. I'm not really a cat person but that was a horrible thing to do.

I would suggest getting a gallon of Nature's Miracle to do the cleanup with.

aerogt01
08-10-2011, 02:38 PM
SOOO my question is...anyone have any experience with this? I planned to clean/extract it probably using some APC and APC+ and ill have some Folex on hand also. It sounds like it is mostly the smell that the guy isn't happy with...and i dont blame him, but of course i want the stain gone too. I'm going to pick up an Odor Bomb also and set it off after cleaning the spot. I have a little steamer too but not sure if that would be of any use or not.

APC or APC+ won't touch the organic parts of the stain. The smell will come back.

As for the steamer, I would highly recommend it. That kind of heat definitely helps break down organic matter.

catfish07
08-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Hate cat pee!! I had a guy with a mustang and a cat hat peed in it and it was rude inside! I tried steam, shampoo and odoban. It knocked it down but didn't kill it completely.. I then had them use a biocide auto vaccine. That did it.

tuscarora dave
08-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Green-Envy™ Green-Envy™ is a mixture of complementary microbes that work synergistically to metabolize urine and organic acids ...

This is a freshly formulated microbe cleaner that will take care of it but is somewhat on the pricey side. Contact "Strata International LLC." and they will mix up a fresh batch for you if you tell them exactly what you are dealing with.

catfish07
08-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Thanks Dave, that's good to know. The biocide it too pricey for me. I will look up the green eny folks for next fun pee car

jkk7479
08-10-2011, 03:27 PM
She should have been arrested. I'm not really a cat person but that was a horrible thing to do.

I would suggest getting a gallon of Nature's Miracle to do the cleanup with.

+1

I am not a huge fan of cats, considering their putrid horrible hormone filled piss....but still a stupid thing to do and a great suggestion with Nature's Miracle.

Jimmie
08-10-2011, 04:54 PM
disclaimer* I have zero experience with this, but was told that vinegar will neutralize cat urine smells.
Maybe worth looking into since it's not very expensive.
I'll go google it and report back.

Partially right. Here is a link to a recipe for cat urine smell removal. If not OK to link will a mod please remove it.
Cat Urine: Clean & Remove Cat Urine in Carpet FREE Recipe (http://www.catsofaustralia.com/urinestainremoval.htm)

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
08-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Wow lots of good info. I think ive used Natures Miracle before on dog stains...and it worked pretty well if i remember correctly...so i might snag that...im doing the job Monday so kidna want to have my ducks in a row as far as products go.

The idea about the steamer breaking down the urine makes sense...so ill bring it along...as well as plenty of terry cloths to 'sop up' the urine...lord this is so gross lol...i like doing paint! But hey a job is a job....though this wont be as fun as the 2010 772 HP Camaro SS i did this past weekend......did i mention it was black.....and did i mention i got many pictures and video of it :dblthumb2:.

No one may want to read my cat urine write up hahaha...but im loading up the pictures of the Camaro right now...here is a teaser...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1228/Front_Finished2.JPG

oh yes folks...its a badddddd baby. It shook the neighborhood when he fired it up...custom paint job and a re-clear...looks good in this pic but it was f***edddddddddddd up swirl wise....

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1228/Camaro_Symbol_Before1.JPG

I'll have the write up done soon enough...now stop drooling!

Rei86
08-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Straight up concentrated ammonia.

If you go to any pet store they all sell spot eliminator for cat/dog urine, so it shouldn't be that hard in the product department. Sorry I've never had to clean up dog/cat urine/poop so I don't have a good suggestion in what to pick up.

Old Tiger
08-10-2011, 05:33 PM
Nature's Miracle Shampoo and Spot Treatment. It is literally the only stuff I have found that works.

Shampoo using the stuff as an additive. Once that is done and dried, soak (literally, soak) "Ground Zero" with the spot treatment and a little bit of extra area. Allow to dry (about a day) then give it a good sniff. All other areas that still smell can be misted with the spray and it usually takes care of it.

I have lots of experience with that problem, just not usually in the car.
I second this. Car Pro SO2Pure did an amazing job of removing cat urine in a friend's VW.

Rei86
08-10-2011, 05:44 PM
I second this. Car Pro SO2Pure did an amazing job of removing cat urine in a friend's VW.

I just bought some of that stuff and man is that a small ass bottle...

But I thought it was more of a order blocker/air freshener?

Jenn1270
08-10-2011, 09:10 PM
This is supposed to work well.
Zero Odor Odor Eliminating Sprays - Stain & Odor - Cat - PetSmart (http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4206586&lmdn=Clean+Up%2FStain+%26amp%3B+Odor+Control&ab=indoorRemovers)

I have experience with this and it really does work.

Nature's Miracle Urine Destroyer Stain & Residue Eliminator - Cleaning - Small Pet - PetSmart (http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3506557&lmdn=Clean+Up%2FStain+%26amp%3B+Odor+Control&ab=indoorRemovers)

This may be the best though since you have the LGM

Pawsitively Clean&#0153 by Bissell® Compact Machine Pet Formula - Stain & Odor - Cat - PetSmart (http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4011250&lmdn=Clean+Up%2FStain+%26amp%3B+Odor+Control&ab=indoorRemovers)

or you can just hit
Dog Stain Removal - Dog Urine Odor and Eliminate Dog Odors from PETCO.com (http://www.petco.com/N_22_128/Dog-Stain-and-Odor-Control.aspx?CoreCat=LN_DogSupplies_StainOdorContr ol)

Hope this helps

Jenn