PDA

View Full Version : Chatting with another detailer

V3AutoDetailing
08-10-2011, 02:02 AM
Lets say you own a small detailing company. A few cars a month or a few cars a week, whatever you get time to work on. Your presume you do high quality work.

In the Area of two whole counties thier are very few detailers. The big thing is a huge car wash/ quick oil change place and that about it. No high end custom detailers.

So one day your on the local car forum, Mind you paid money to be a sponsor of this forum. Anyway someone starts posting photos of very quality work. Might not know the rules, so you give him a pat on the back and good job. You send this detailer a PM. Telling him good work and you like to shoot the ####, not many people around into detailing. Well you get ne reply. A week later he does the same thing, posting cars up and have people asking what he charges. Well this time you talk to the owner of the site and the owner fixes the issue.

New guy chages his sig on forum to raising the bar higher than the haters can hate. How would you take it.

You do a little research, Find out new guy is pretty well know for selling products of detailing supplies, wont post any work and is very cocky about work thats not posted. ( He seen the cars at the show with all the gloss, the no who did them) has a big website offer services but not as a suplior.

Time goes by and you see him on a forum you visit often. Really wont post much it your post as long as he can some how say something negative and that sells some stuff.

So you send this business a pm, saying who you are what you do, asks what he sell, might be able to get som products from two towns over, maybe 30 mi away. But you just get the cold shouldor again

how would you guys feel or would call him out on it on a public form your both on. I think the guy is affraid of having a nother detailer a few towns over. And he think his #### just dont stink.

Ted S.
08-10-2011, 02:16 AM
If the guy has repeatedly dissed your work on an open thread, so God and country can see it, and then tried to to sell something to you or others after dissing you; I would call him out. Especially when you contacted him about the products he sells through a pm. Maybe copy and paste the pm you wrote to him on another thread after he disses your work again. Then ask him why he is doing what he is doing.

Something along those lines...:props:

tuscarora dave
08-10-2011, 04:45 AM
Just keep up the high quality work and keep on posting your jobs with the money shot photos such as great before and after photos and 50/50 shots. Your quality work will bring you more work. If you engage in battle with him on a public forum you will appear unprofessional. If he is already bad mouthing you or others on a public forum people will be turned off by it and will likely not take him very seriously.

There are a few clowns in every crowd, it's just the way life is. The best thing that you can do is just to stay focused on doing what you do which is high quality work. Word of mouth is the best advertising so let him create his own negative word of mouth by bashing others.

You will win out in the end by just doing what you do and not involving yourself in his rubbish talk.

These are just my thoughts of your situation.

V3AutoDetailing
08-10-2011, 10:16 AM
This is pretty much the way i feel, I wouldnt get into an online argument. With an are That has only a handfull of detailers and the swril o moatics everywhere try to associate other detailers in other towns. instead of try to bash them all

Shane731
08-10-2011, 10:24 PM
In my experience, people with big mouths usually have little brains and ego issues. Best just to let it go.

ThirdgenTa
08-11-2011, 12:10 AM
Reminds me of a detailer local to me. He recently opened up a mechanic shop and started including detailing. Didn't know a thing about detailing a few months ago but now he's a pro. He comes on the local forums and we have a detail shop that pays lots of money to be a sponser and this guy posts pics of his work so that people will pm him asking him for work. Doesn't post really good before and after pics, mostly just pics with the car looking shiny. I tried sharing some detailing info with him to help him out, but he acted like he was too good to hear it and that his adams products were the best products in the world.

Flash Gordon
08-11-2011, 05:57 AM
Punch him in the face :)