PDA

View Full Version : AG's "New" Industrial Fireman's Nozzle

Pages : [1] 2

IID
08-09-2011, 11:18 PM
Hey all,
I currently have the Adams Fireman's Nozzle:
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd466/ImpressiveImageDetailing/2011-08-09/DSC01505.jpg?t=1312949326

And I can honestly say that this Adams Fireman's Nozzle,is the BEST vehicle washing nozzle I have ever owned.

But I see that AG is offering their "New" Fireman's Nozzle:
Industrial High Flow Fireman's Nozzle, fire hose nozzle (http://www.autogeek.net/high-flow-fire-hose-nozzle.html)
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2171_98819965

I'm always looking for new gadget's to play with when washing/detailing vehicles.I'm just curious how this "New" AG FMN will stack-up to the Adams FMN I currently have?

I know there is one way to find out but I just spent some nice $'s on the last AG promo code EXPAND sale (15% off & Free Shipping) and I'm not going to place an order just for this "New" FMN.
Umm,at least I don't think I'm going to :)

Rei86
08-09-2011, 11:23 PM
I like Adam's shut off valve but man is it overpriced when you can piece the same items on amazon for WAY under their price...and when I say WAY under I mean 30 dollars in savings.

Buckskincolt
08-09-2011, 11:25 PM
looks like a nice nozzle, it takes some serious water pressure to make these work and the 32 lbs I have at my house won't cut it. I'll get to save some $$ here and won't be buying.

IID
08-09-2011, 11:38 PM
the AG one looks pretty similar to this

It does look similar to AutoGeeks and a few bucks cheaper BUT if I were to try/review one,I'll purchase thru AG and add it to other AG product order's.

Rei86
08-09-2011, 11:51 PM
Yeah, wouldn't wanna break the forum rules.

But as far as Fire Hose Nozzle's go I think to many online stores sell them for far more than they should be.

Cat ji
08-10-2011, 06:34 AM
I have one of these, but it's difficult to adjust with soapy hands.

http://www.gardena.com/dimage.axd/productLarge/ga150-0809/800x500/sturdy,-elegant-and-non-slip-3dc3f124.jpg

Nick McKees37
08-10-2011, 07:01 AM
I have experience first hand with the new Industrial High Flow Fireman's Nozzle and I can tell you that it kicks butt. :props:

It's built like a tank and has the quality/design of a nozzle costing twice as much. The shut-off handle is made of metal, not plastic, so you can feel confident that it's built to last. The wide range of adjustments from a strong jet of water, to an ultra-fine sprinkle makes it very flexible. :righton:

CEE DOG
08-10-2011, 07:14 AM
Chris, it looks just like the one my friend Heath got me for about 10$ (I believe a Nelson). Heres some stuff I posted at L2D awhile back showing the fireman nozzle I got from AG at the time and also the one I received from Heath. I'll give you the quick conclusion I have after all these months. I prefer the spray pattern flexibility of the old one that doesn't have a lever but I never use it anymore because of how easy it is to use the lever on my new nozzle. Keep in mind I don't know that my levered nozzle is the same as the one you show in this thread but it certainly looks the same.

The following info copied from a reply to a thread on L2D about water nozzles.
I thought I'd go take a video to make sure I'm giving an honest assesment of the nozzle I use. I don't know if I ever tried to see how far this thing would force water before. I just know that when I hit the car with it it is very loud and has some kick. I can't imagine needing anything more. In any case I am buying one of Heaths nozzles and will do a side by side at some point after it arrives.

Anyway, here is what this nozzle does with the setup I have. If I had a straight through hose I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. I mess around with it a little throughout the video aiming it completely straight and parralel with the ground, pointing it up a bit, and lowering and raising pressure a couple times. I think around the 1:33 mark i pull the camera back a bit so you can see its parrallel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJNu528mRYA

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_2895.JPG

And another reply soon after

Well just a few minutes ago (a couple hours after I shot that video) I happened to check my mail... What did I find? A new Nelson Fire hose Nozzle! So I just went and put together another video to see how it compares to the nozzle I videotaped in the post above.

First I screwed on a quick disconnect so I wont have to worry about screwing it next time. Forgive the fumbling around as I was trying to do it with one hand and hold the camera with the other. Here is a side by side picture and a flow video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNBBGzR9ggg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_5595.JPG

silverfox
08-10-2011, 07:16 AM
The ones made with a solid anodized aluminum housing, coupled with a stainless steel spray control shaft...are the best of the best. You do get what you pay for with this type of product. Check out Griot's.

Cooter
08-10-2011, 07:32 AM
I have one of the Industrial FMH. Love it. Love the pull shut off handle. You can get a good flooding pattern with it as well. It ROCKS!!

BobbyG
08-10-2011, 09:23 AM
I've tried many of these nozzles and at great expense since prices seem to be between $28 & $60.

Many of these designs rely on relatively high water pressure 60+ psi and equal water flow. In general from what I've seen, city water can and does meet this requirements quite well however those with dedicated pumps and wells fall short.

Normal household water pressure runs between 25psi and 50psi; low and high. While most of the "Fire Hose" style nozzles work OK at 50psi they very quickly degrade with both pattern and volume at 20psi to 25psi. Combine this with a long length of garden hose and you've further exasperate the problem.

The only "Fire Hose" style nozzle that I've found to work with standard household pressures and supply volume is the model offered by Adams, I have and use this one.

If you tale a quick look at most of the others and compare it to the Adams nozzle it becomes easy to see that their nozzle was designed to work with even the lower household pressure and volumes in mind.

One aspect that has me scratching my head is why anyone feels they need a "Fire Hose" style nozzle to rinse off a car? :dunno: The standard nozzles available at most hardware stores are more than adequate to properly rinse suds and debris from a vehicle and is adjustable to power through just about any of the stubborn areas for about $7.00 compared to $50.00+...

Cool - Yes
Essential - No

Audi X2
08-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Origunally posted by BobbyG:

The only "Fire Hose" style nozzle that I've found to work with standard household pressures and supply volume is the model offered by Adams, I have and use this one.

It is very good and made in the USA!

aerogt01
08-10-2011, 10:07 AM
One aspect that has me scratching my head is why anyone feels they need a "Fire Hose" style nozzle to rinse off a car? :dunno: The standard nozzles available at most hardware stores are more than adequate to properly rinse suds and debris from a vehicle and is adjustable to power through just about any of the stubborn areas for about $7.00 compared to $50.00+...

Cool - Yes
Essential - No

I agree, but perhaps they make for a poor man's pressure washer that doesn't have to be plugged in? I have never used one so I don't know.

CEE DOG
08-10-2011, 10:33 AM

Cool - Yes
Essential - No

Hi Bobby, I would have agreed two years ago. I went through (2 or 3) 7$ nozzles that fell apart before spending 20$ on the old style AG fire nozzle. I thought the price was outrageous but on Rons advice I bought and loved it. Realizing 20$ one time was better than the many more dollars I would have continued to spend the other way. Then Heath sent me that Nelson (cost a little over 10$ I believe). You can't beat that!

Rsurfer
08-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Cool - Yes
Essential - No

Like you, I like cool, BobbyG.:props: