PDA

View Full Version : Seeking advice on my vette!!!

southern_boy1975
01-30-2007, 07:21 PM
Hi, I am looking for just a little advice on some things you pros might know, as I want to get a order in while the sales on with free shipping..

First, I want a little warm wow punch on the dark orange color with appling a carnauba topper over the zaino sealent I am putting on. Any suggestions as to what might work the best over the zaino?

Second, I have some micro marring after using optimum compound with the orange pad and following up with optimum polish with the white pad with my pc. What products can I use to help remove the marring on this vette's clear?

ScottB
01-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Vette clear is hard , you have the right line of attack using the lighter pad and same polish. Did you use same speed ?? Same amount of time ?? It should break it down quite well and remove/alleviate the mm.

Zaino's new Pro line of sealants are nice and glossy. Very similar in look to our UPP and DP Shield Shine. You could top with any wax for more wetness and some depth, but not sure how much more you will get. I would try Sig Series II or DP Max Wax alone next time and see if it gets you what you want. If so, youve got two of the easiest waxes to use, and something like Pinnacles Crystal Mist will keep the pop between waxing. Thats why alot of us are diehard carnauba users, sealants just cannot mimic them completely.

southern_boy1975
01-30-2007, 08:28 PM
Killrwheels, I used the optimum's compound for about 10 mins with the pc set at 6 on the orange 5.5 pad then I followed up with the polish for a little over 5 mins with the pc set at 5 with the white 5.5 pad. Each time I stayed with in the same small area's. It seemed as if the white pad had a hard time at speed 6. I am very happy with the scratches but I am having a hard time with what might be the best for the micro marring that was caused. Any suggestions?

ScottB
01-30-2007, 08:35 PM
wipe down with alcohol to remove any fillers, and go at it again. I suspect your broke them down a bit, but need addtl time based upon the clearcoat. If no luck, move to a final polish like XMT 1, SSR 1.0, or Menzerna FP.

southern_boy1975
01-30-2007, 08:36 PM
thank you so much for the info!