PDA

View Full Version : Boy, the OCD is really starting to kick in...

YankeeFan
01-30-2007, 06:58 PM
This past weekend it was 40 degress in Philly so I spent 2 hours cleaning the car inside-out. It looked great, love the DG AW, added a nice shine. But like the past 2 Sundays the weather decides to snow again, just barely a dusting, so by the time I get to work Monday morning 1/2 the car is covered in white.......a dark blue car looks like crap. With the cars in front of me and cars/trucks going in the North direction, the salt was all over my car.

So I went to a tunnel spray car wash when I got home around 8 p.m. This is what I did, as the outside temp was 25 degress by the time I got there. Ran the heater on high as I drove to the car wash and while in the tunnel. This helped in two ways. It warmed up the doors and windows enough so I could wipe them down while it was still water. But the mirrors and back froze up on me. However, the car heat warmed up the towels too! Was able to melt the ice and finish the job. Within 45 minutes the salt was all gone.........

I like happy endings.......don't you?

Howard

Lone_Star
01-30-2007, 07:04 PM
I feel your pain. Washed my truck today, and the water turned to ice immediately. Very cold washing tonight. Still defrosting.

abrcrombe
01-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Yikes, move to CA or FL. ;)

Sorry to hear you had to go through all that trouble for the salt.

FloridaNative
01-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Ay that stinks. Sorry to hear that. :(

Truls
01-30-2007, 08:46 PM
As long as you put on some DG AW, the salt and grime doesnt stick that bad.

Full winter here to, so i do know how you feel.

Adde
01-30-2007, 08:56 PM
blah BLAH under 20 degrees CANT FREAKING wash my car, and its salty doesnt even look black :'(

Nuke33
01-30-2007, 09:17 PM
Its hopless here hehe, welcome to the Ag syndrom

ltoman
01-30-2007, 11:42 PM
Its hopless here hehe, welcome to the Ag syndrom

It rained here today and stopped, so after work I came home and washed it...even tho it is supposed to rain tomorrow...people looked at me like I was nuts, but the little light there was left anyway and I fnished in the garage!

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do - I migh have tried the same thing were I in your shoes. Too bad the car is blue and not white.

Lauren - fully ocd with ag syndrome:righton:

abrcrombe
01-30-2007, 11:51 PM
You washed today Lauren?! I am washing tomorrow if it stops by then. Maybe thursday if it doesn't.

ltoman
01-31-2007, 12:02 AM
You washed today Lauren?! I am washing tomorrow if it stops by then. Maybe thursday if it doesn't.

It had been a bit dusty as it was not washed in about 5 whole days... yes, 5!! So when water hit it, it dried up nasty - dirty spots!!! UGH! Plus I drove thru a muddy spot, so my sling was dirt - can't have that... it started to drizzle as I was drying so I finished it off in the garage.
gotta keep it spiffy - everyone ay works is looking at that car!! LOL...
(Don't think that's a good thing!!!)
You are smarter than me to wait ...tomorrow morning I won't be so happy.
I had awesome beads though, but no camera.
It did not rain much topday - how bad was it where you live, abrcrombe? oh, ot, btw, nice pix of you are the girlfriend. i think i could be your mom..
get my cane....
lol

whatcha going to wash with?:awesome:

abrcrombe
01-31-2007, 12:46 AM
Shmitt, foam gun, DP foam soap, and I hope Duragloss in the buckets.