PDA

View Full Version : Those who have experience with Griot's Interior Cleaner, question...

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
08-08-2011, 08:54 PM
I really love OPC to clean the interior. It will always be part of my arsenal. However, I always like to try new products. Is Griot's Interior Cleaner capable of cleaning soiled panels(dash, doors, etc)? Or, is it more of a maintenance cleaner?

Thanks.

rakkvet
08-09-2011, 08:51 PM
I use the interior cleaner on a daily basis. It is very capable of cleaning soiled panels. I've noticed it works exceptionally well when you use it on leather, stearing wheels and on the turn signal trees. In fact, I haven't seen a product that attacks lotions and make up on stearing wheels and turns signals as fast as interior cleaner does. I haven't seen any bleaching either. It is my go to interior cleaner. Price wise, you might find stuff that you can dilute that will be cheaper.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Trevor
08-10-2011, 11:32 AM
I have Griots IC and I've never been that impressed with it. I've only used it for carpet/upholestry, but it seemed to take more product than I would have guessed. Since it can't be diluted, I realized it was going to use up pretty quickly if I used it regularly.

I switched to Folex for carpet/upholestry and haven't looked back.

I will be interested in replies thought, as I'm still looking for a dash cleaner that blows me away.

intmdt8r
08-10-2011, 12:00 PM
I have the Griots interior cleaner and carpet cleaner and i think they work great. Plus, there odor free so thats a big plus for me.

Flannigan
08-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Mark, are you only interested in the Griots product? DP and Ultima both have great interior cleaners in their lines. If you would like info on either of those let me know, I have been using them quite a bit in the past year or so.

rwright
08-10-2011, 12:07 PM
My favorite still is 1Z cockpit premium, but I really like Griot's Interior Cleaner. It cuts pretty well but not sure if it's as good as OPC. What I like the most is the lack of fragrance, great for those sensitive clients.

---
- Sent using Tapatalk

WRAPT C5Z06
08-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Mark, are you only interested in the Griots product? DP and Ultima both have great interior cleaners in their lines. If you would like info on either of those let me know, I have been using them quite a bit in the past year or so.
Dave, no, not just Griot's. I've actually tried DP interior cleaner and I don't feel it's cleaning ability is anywhere near OPC. I've also tried ultima interior shampoo. While it has good cleaning ability, I've found it to feel grabby when spraying on(no agitating) and wiping off. I'm pretty sure it's the thick viscosity. OPC seems less grabby to wipe off, IME. So, I'm now gonna try Griot's and see how it compares to OPC. Although, I've already learned in this thread that it might not cut as well. I'll put it to the test. You're probably thinking, why not just stick with OPC, Mark? :laughing: Well, I always like comparing products. :dblthumb2:

DARK HORSE
08-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Hey Mark, what it sounds like to me is that what you really need is Megs APC+

Im the MANIm the MAN:D:D:poke::poke::D:DIm the MANIm the MAN

WRAPT C5Z06
08-11-2011, 12:45 AM
Hey Mark, what it sounds like to me is that what you really need is Megs APC+

Im the MANIm the MAN:D:D:poke::poke::D:DIm the MANIm the MAN
:urtheman:

:dblthumb2:

arkus
08-11-2011, 01:13 AM
its great stuff

WRAPT C5Z06
08-11-2011, 01:56 AM
its great stuff
Hey Alton, what's up buddy??:dblthumb2:

Wait a second, is that your car in your avatar??

arkus
08-11-2011, 05:00 AM
yep
I bought a 69 427 / 390 4 spd . Still have the 09Z .Interior is 100% original...
I love the old ones .This one has only 29,000 original miles , documented . Tons of paperwork , window sticker , original invoice , it even won a Top Flight award . :xyxthumbs:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u318/arkus42/P1010320.jpghttp://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u318/arkus42/P1010314.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u318/arkus42/IMG_0004.jpg

5.4 Shelby
08-11-2011, 06:32 AM
Gritos interior cleaner rocks. I buy it by the gallon. I even use it on household stuff like painted doors, fridge handles. Spot cleaning linoleum floorss, etc.

It is odorless and dries clean with no noticable residue. It does have a slightly sudsy character when aggitated.

It works very well for door handles, consoles and the like. If they are textured, you have to work it in a little to get into the crevices.

mdb917
08-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Mark - I've used the Griots IC cleaner and have found it to work exceedingly well. That said, the 4 different interiors I worked on were not that dirty so take this with a grain of salt.

Not to hijack the thread.....

ARKUS: I love the Vettes of that vintage. I'm sure everyone would love a '53 in their garage but there's something about big blocks Im the MAN

arkus
08-14-2011, 12:17 AM
Not to hijack the thread.....

ARKUS: I love the Vettes of that vintage. I'm sure everyone would love a '53 in their garage but there's something about big blocks Im the MAN

Thank You