PDA

View Full Version : Quick Questions about Collinite 845

shoeless89
08-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Hey guys, I'm going to be applying 845 to my car and my girl friends car in a couple weeks to help get them for winter. I've never used this product and was wondering if you guys have any tips. Also would you guys recommend applying it by its self? I was thinking about applying it over Menzerna Powerlock. I've read to apply it very thin so I'm going to try my best at that. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! :wave:

Shawn

dad07
08-08-2011, 04:40 PM
I usually use 845 as a stand alone lsp. Apply VERY THIN....it doesn't take much product to do a whole vehical.

You say you have never used before,and it will still be hot and humid in the next few weeks ( i find 845 sensitive to humidity) so I would ally to 2 panels say hood then mabey roof then go remove from hood then apply to another then remove from roof and so on.....make sense?

hope this helps ,good luck and enjoy !

Ted S.
08-08-2011, 04:46 PM
:awesome:Shake it!:awesome:Shake it good!:awesome::awesome::awesome:Shake it till your arm falls of!:awesome:

Then shake it a bit more. :awesome:

Buckskincolt
08-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Im the MAN
:awesome:Shake it!:awesome:Shake it good!:awesome::awesome::awesome:Shake it till your arm falls of!:awesome:

Then shake it a bit more. :awesome:

Ted,

You forgot to tell him he needs to shake it,:awesome: Then Shake it ....Im the MANThen don't forget to shake it ...:buffing: Then he had better remeber to shake it real goodIm the MANIm the MANAnd the last thing he needs to do is Shake it one last time:dblthumb2:

BobbyG
08-08-2011, 06:43 PM
When Collinite 845 is in a "creamy" state I'll squirt 4 dime size globs 90 degrees apart and about 3/4" in from the pads outer edge. Use a Red foam pad and set the speed setting to 3, place the pad on the finish, and switch it on.

With only the weight of the polisher, move the machine in a criss-cross pattern to ensure full coverage. The pattern isn't quite as important however complete coverage is.

As you begin to spread the product around you'll see the tell-tale line where the wax has been applied and the bear paint, much like applying it by hand. Keep pushing the product further and further because you're trying to achieve a thin coat and making it a breeze to remove.

It'll take you less than 1 minute to get the hang of applying this with a machine and it's so easy you'll be wondering why you didn't apply it this way before..

So you're thinking of applying Collinite 845 over Menzerna Power Lock huh? I just love this combination. Remember to let the sealant cure at least 12 hours before applying the Collinite 845....

Rayaz
08-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Shade! Cool paint! Shake, shake some more, thin coat, haze, wipe. (don't ask me how I know).:props:

shoeless89
08-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Thanks for all the help guys! I noticed 845 was a little thin so I shook it for about a minute and still pretty watery. Guess I'll get my girlfriend to shake it while I'm washing the car lol I was planing to use my 5.5 LC Red pads to apply with my PCXP. I usually don't have a garage to work in so I talked to my grandpa and he's gonna let me use his for a few days :) Thanks again!

ThirdgenTa
08-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Thanks for all the help guys! I noticed 845 was a little thin so I shook it for about a minute and still pretty watery. Guess I'll get my girlfriend to shake it while I'm washing the car lol I was planing to use my 5.5 LC Red pads to apply with my PCXP. I usually don't have a garage to work in so I talked to my grandpa and he's gonna let me use his for a few days :) Thanks again!

It's supposed to be watery. That's why you keep shaking it :) You will notice that if it's colder or it sits for a while it turns pastey. Be careful when you poor it because it will be like pouring milk onto the pad. Like everyone suggested, once the pad is primed, a little goes a long way.
As far as Powerlock topped with collinite that's a great combination. BobbyG suggested it to me and I am very happy with the results.

wildjyoung
08-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Hi Shawn,

My shop is in Hebron which is like 15 minutes from you. You are more than welcome to come to my garage and I will show you how to apply and help you get your cars complete. PM me and Ill give you my phone number.

Josh

HeavyMetal
08-09-2011, 07:41 AM
Like Bobby G said, 845 over Power Lock is a great combo. It's what I use on my RAV4. The PL is just starting to dull after 7 months.

Trevor
08-09-2011, 08:17 AM
Hi Shawn,

My shop is in Hebron which is like 15 minutes from you. You are more than welcome to come to my garage and I will show you how to apply and help you get your cars complete. PM me and Ill give you my phone number.

Josh

Wow, very nice of you. The generosity of most forum members here is amazing. :xyxthumbs:

shoeless89
08-09-2011, 09:39 PM
I know, I talked to Josh on the phone today, he is super nice!

Scarelane
08-09-2011, 10:15 PM
First of all I have to ask, why are you getting ready for Winter this early? Anyway, here in MN I don't get ready for Winter until OCT!

But....Collinite 845 is great. Shake it VERY well and apply it very, thinly. I think my bottle is gonna last years! Looks great, good shine and protects very good. Love it on our everyday drivers...

:props:

shoeless89
08-10-2011, 01:04 AM
It'll probably still be another couple weeks until I get started, but then main reasons are the semester starts August 22 and once it starts getting cold I'll be to busy with mid-terms, finals ect. And don't have a lot of time for detailing. And also I work 2 jobs right now and during the school year so between everything I barely have time to eat. I just would rather do it a little early then get to busy to not be able to or have to worry about it with school.