PDA

View Full Version : Foam gun hp, directions?

AdrenalineJunky
08-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Just purchased the foam gun hp and ready to try it out. Connecting the device to the pressure washer gun is simple enough. However I cannot find instructions on the process of filling the bottle. Do you add soap and water to fill the bottle? Do you just add soap and then screw on the bottle? If you're ready to rinse are you disconnecting the foam gun?

embolism
08-08-2011, 10:53 AM
I think you just add soap
there should be a pin that stops flow of soap when you just want water

read the manual mon!

don't forget to enter the draw for a gallon of extreme foam too

AdrenalineJunky
08-08-2011, 11:01 AM
I think you just add soap
there should be a pin that stops flow of soap when you just want water

read the manual mon!

don't forget to enter the draw for a gallon of extreme foam too

The manual? The only paper included was a schematic of all of the parts. No directions.

Where is the entry for that?

Rei86
08-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Water and soap to your desired dilution ratio.

embolism
08-08-2011, 11:09 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/car-care-product-giveaways/39403-tell-us-your-pressure-washer-model-fitting-win-gallon-dp-xtreme-foam.html

master detailer
08-08-2011, 11:15 AM
use lots of soap 8oz and 8oz of water this is what work for me also any soap will work I use car wash soap . tryed the stuff you get with it the 2oz lol never worked the nobo on the top is for how fast and how much soap you use .just play with it . more soap more foam

AdrenalineJunky
08-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Just in from my first time using the hp foam gun from AG.

I started out with using 1 oz of soap adding water about 1/2 of the bottle. The suds were minimal and runny.

I then used 2 oz of soap w/a 1/2 bottle water. Suds improved but still weak.

I bumped it up to about 6 oz of soap w/ 1/2bottle of water. Suds improved but nowhere near what I was expecting.

I'm starting to think the videos I have seen floating around AG require mass qty of soap to even come close to the video results.

To rinse the solution off I had to take off the bottle otherwise even with the knob turned all the way some traces of suds remained.

I wonder what AG return policy is on this product... It only increased the cost of washing and difficulty.

Rei86
08-08-2011, 03:59 PM
The AG promotional pictures of the Foam Cannon HP is using the DP Xtreme Foam Formula soap. That might be one of the issues of why you're not seeing the super sud like cling that you see in the pictures and videos.

Also I don't own the Cannon/Lance but I'm sure you have an adjustment knob on it to turn down the suds? I know in the Gun you can turn up and down on how much solution mixture you want to spray with the water to give you a greater amount of suds. So if you do have that adjustment knob play with it to get your right amount of foam action.

AdrenalineJunky
08-08-2011, 10:22 PM
The AG promotional pictures of the Foam Cannon HP is using the DP Xtreme Foam Formula soap. That might be one of the issues of why you're not seeing the super sud like cling that you see in the pictures and videos.

Also I don't own the Cannon/Lance but I'm sure you have an adjustment knob on it to turn down the suds? I know in the Gun you can turn up and down on how much solution mixture you want to spray with the water to give you a greater amount of suds. So if you do have that adjustment knob play with it to get your right amount of foam action.

That is the soap I used. I think the realistic issue is not using enough soap. I think it requires 10oz+ soap w/1/2 bottle water to get that kind of results.

I did play with the adjustments on the foam cannon attachment...

V3AutoDetailing
08-09-2011, 12:30 AM
I dont use much soap and i can get a tone of foam, I have a gallong jug that is just a mix of a ton of old car soaps i never used up. a couple onces fill the bottle up and foam away.

I do now use it all the time. it does slow a detail down using it, but it does get peoples attention.

AdrenalineJunky
08-12-2011, 11:14 PM
After giving the foam gun a second chance it proved to work better. I didnt exactly make a science of amt of soap vs water and all but I managed to get the gun to perform the way I was expecting it to.

05.997AG
08-30-2011, 12:34 PM
If you have hard water it will not foam up as much as soft water.