PDA

View Full Version : REVIEW - Dr.Colorchip paint chip repair system - Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - Premium Custom Detailing

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Garry Dean
08-08-2011, 09:06 AM
I used the Dr.Colorchip system for the first time yesterday and I must say that it is amazing. Very easy to work with and yields fantastic results. The paint matched very well also. Here is a video How To and Review I shot yesterday. Stay tuned for an update video of my thoughts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7xrDyKTHcM]‪Review - Dr.Colorchip paint chip repair system on 2008 Lexus IS F.wmv‬‏ - YouTube[/video]

Thanks for watching!

Pats300zx
08-08-2011, 09:55 AM
I have used it on 3 different cars so far. The color matches are fantastic. It's so easy to use and the results are impressive.

kronos
08-08-2011, 10:29 AM
I have this system at home waiting to be used on my car. I'm glad you liked it. I do have one question though, can more than one coat be used? My intent would be to fill in the chip so that it's not so noticeable from 2-3 feet away.

Thanks.

guess23959
08-08-2011, 10:37 AM
i didnt like the dr. colorchip system. and it sure as hell was not worth $60. im being told to go back to the traditional way with the capped brush or a toothpick and fill the chip cavity with the paint.

Garry Dean
08-08-2011, 10:38 AM
I have this system at home waiting to be used on my car. I'm glad you liked it. I do have one question though, can more than one coat be used? My intent would be to fill in the chip so that it's not so noticeable from 2-3 feet away.

Thanks.

I would imagine you could use more than one coat to fill the chip more, but try to understand that the solution to remove the excess paint should not touch the paint in the chip.

If you get the paint in the chip saturated with the solution it will dissolve the paint.

I would stick to one coat. It makes the eyesore go away.

swat ss
08-08-2011, 10:38 AM
i've also used dr color chip for many many chips on my trailblazer ss. Results came out beautiful

Garry Dean
08-08-2011, 10:39 AM
i didnt like the dr. colorchip system. and it sure as hell was not worth $60. im being told to go back to the traditional way with the capped brush or a toothpick and fill the chip cavity with the paint.

Wow. What did you not like about it? I thought it was fantastic. I am quite realistic though. It is a repair that works well.

kronos
08-08-2011, 10:53 AM
i've also used dr color chip for many many chips on my trailblazer ss. Results came out beautiful

I've seen your thread. It came out awesome. :props: It's what convinced me to buy this system.

Garry Dean
08-08-2011, 11:23 AM
I've seen your thread. It came out awesome. :props: It's what convinced me to buy this system.

I couldnt find his thread.

05xrunner
08-08-2011, 11:25 AM
I like the system. It gives a nice clean repair look..granted deep chips are still there but its filled with color so its harder to see and there is NO messiness around it making it stick out more. Although my kit only came with 1 brush :( i didnt get a few different sized ones like that

Garry Dean
08-08-2011, 11:45 AM
I like the system. It gives a nice clean repair look..granted deep chips are still there but its filled with color so its harder to see and there is NO messiness around it making it stick out more. Although my kit only came with 1 brush :( i didnt get a few different sized ones like that

I ordered the universal black at the same time as the color for that Lexus IS F so thats probably why I got more brushes.

Bukifvr
08-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Wow, that looks great, and looks easy. My question is - Can you use factory touch up paint with that "blending" liquid? Or do you have to use the Dr. Colorchip paint.

embolism
08-08-2011, 02:08 PM
only the Dr. C paint can be blended away with the sealact solution. Factory touchup won't work

Garry Dean
08-08-2011, 02:26 PM
only the Dr. C paint can be blended away with the sealact solution. Factory touchup won't work

Correct. The paint isn't cheap, but the system works well and the paint matches very well.

V3AutoDetailing
08-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Seems way over priced if you had one little nick. I can see if one was doing a hood or bumper, being able to wipe on wipe is nice. I can yeild better results with factory touch up paint on single chips. and alot cheaper.

Good review none the less, this stuff takes up time.