PDA

View Full Version : Which AIO

former86camaro
08-08-2011, 12:02 AM
It has been a while, a year and a half to be exact and I am now back in Florida and back in detailing. I have used Optima Poli Seal, XMT 360 , Poor Boys Polish with Sealant and Klasse. For my work Optima Poli Seal has worked the best, but I see D151 for a good price and I see Dodo Juice AIO and I am torn with that and also Poor Boys.

The AIO can't stain plastic
Must do minor imperfection removal
Easy on and Off
Be able to be bought in Volume or sample size...

Also I am looking for a good plastic polish since I am doing a lot of head lights for fiends these days.

Suggestions.. Optima has been my go to, but I see some new things and like to try it all...

Buckskincolt
08-08-2011, 12:49 AM
FWIW,
I'd take a hard look at the Meguire's D 301 Finishing wax. Meguiars DA Microfiber Finishing Wax, car wax, final wax (http://www.autogeek.net/da-finishing-wax-128oz.html)
It's part of the new Meguire's Microfiber finishing system but I think this will out perform many of the other AIO's out there and there have been some exceptional results using it with foam finishing pads. Here is an example http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/39472-good-ol-boy-s-work-truck.html
I have not used it in this way yet but plan to. It does work awesome with the MF system but I believe it's AIO 1step ability is limited by the MF pads. It's very close in price with the D-151 and I think it will out perform it by quite a bit. I'm going to try it with the LC Hydro tech Cyan and Tangerine pads. They finish down very nice and I think 301 and HT pads will make an awesome combo ....... At least I have my fingers crossed.Im the MAN

maximus20895
08-08-2011, 01:01 AM
I would go with D151. It's an AIO and it corrects pretty well especially compared to other AIOs.

V3AutoDetailing
08-08-2011, 01:12 AM
I would use XMT 360 or 151. Both offer decent correction along with protection. 151 is cheap and bought by the gallon. As far as staing trim, a little tape will elminate this with any product you use.

Mobile detail
08-08-2011, 01:19 AM
D151. poli seal is good but doesn't have much cut to it. I have both and they each have their place but I use d151 the most. It does stain trim but I always tape before hand.ounce of prevention as they say. I dont know who they is but I know they say it.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-08-2011, 01:34 AM
FWIW,
Here is an example http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/39472-good-ol-boy-s-work-truck.html

He actually used D300 which is not an AIO. :xyxthumbs:

Buckskincolt
08-08-2011, 01:38 AM

I stand corrected sir!:bowdown:

WRAPT C5Z06
08-08-2011, 01:53 AM
No problem, sir. :dblthumb2:

rwright
08-08-2011, 07:03 AM
Actually, after taking a suggestion from Chris @ Optimum, I tried Poli-Seal mixed with Polish II (70/30 blend) and it cut very well. Follow up with an Optimum Car Wax wipe down and your good to go. :)

Sent using Tapatalk

CrownKote
08-08-2011, 07:25 AM
FWIW,
I'd take a hard look at the Meguire's D 301 Finishing wax. Meguiars DA Microfiber Finishing Wax, car wax, final wax (http://www.autogeek.net/da-finishing-wax-128oz.html)
It's part of the new Meguire's Microfiber finishing system but I think this will out perform many of the other AIO's out there and there have been some exceptional results using it with foam finishing pads. Here is an example http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/39472-good-ol-boy-s-work-truck.html
I have not used it in this way yet but plan to. It does work awesome with the MF system but I believe it's AIO 1step ability is limited by the MF pads. It's very close in price with the D-151 and I think it will out perform it by quite a bit. I'm going to try it with the LC Hydro tech Cyan and Tangerine pads. They finish down very nice and I think 301 and HT pads will make an awesome combo ....... At least I have my fingers crossed.Im the MAN

Thanks guys...

I will be trying the D300 in a custom blend trying to get an AIO type of product just for testing purposes......

I Have custom mixed Megs UC and KAIO and that worked well but was a PITA to remove I think it was some sort of chemical mix issue... IDK... I like to play with my products...

I have used D151 a few times but didn't like how it finished down... Just personal opinion here...

WRAPT C5Z06
08-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Actually, after taking a suggestion from Chris @ Optimum, I tried Poli-Seal mixed with Polish II (70/30 blend) and it cut very well. Follow up with an Optimum Car Wax wipe down and your good to go. :)

Sent using Tapatalk
Would this be the new version polish II mixed with poli-seal?

Chris Thomas
08-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Either will work well to add cut to PS regardless of whether it's the newest Polish II

---
- Sent from my ViP4 viaTapatalk

sal329
08-08-2011, 11:53 AM
meg D151, FK 215 and Optimum Poli Seal. D151 would give the best correction

maximus20895
08-08-2011, 01:12 PM
You need to lighten up on your last two passes with D151. Most people here will say it finishes very nicely.