PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you keep a list

Pages : [1] 2

CaneCharger
08-07-2011, 08:37 PM
of all your products? Like a spreadsheet?

alko
08-07-2011, 08:40 PM
My wish list is just my shopping cart. So far, once I've added the things I think I need I pull the trigger and call Nick. I think I may start keeping spreadsheet now that I'm starting a side business. My orders are going to start looking like 128oz bulk items instead of 16oz spray bottles. LOL!

Flannigan
08-07-2011, 08:42 PM
I made a list just for fun, but it didn't really serve a purpose for me. Not to mention I was updating it constantly...lol

CaneCharger
08-07-2011, 08:46 PM
I made a list just for fun, but it didn't really serve a purpose for me. Not to mention I was updating it constantly...lol

HAHAHA so true...I thought about starting one, just for kicks!

PS - I just "liked" your FB page...

Flannigan
08-07-2011, 08:52 PM
HAHAHA so true...I thought about starting one, just for kicks!

PS - I just "liked" your FB page...
Thanks! :props:

ShaunD
08-07-2011, 09:16 PM
I started to make a spreadsheet of clients, but not products. I don't really need an inventory for my products as I have plain site of everything all the time. Although, it would probably come in handy at some point when I get busier. If I had any employees I could see the sense in it. I do have a stack of reciepts/order slips that I am holding onto.:)

C. Charles Hahn
08-07-2011, 10:12 PM
I used to keep an inventory report, but ultimately I found it's not worth it.

James K
08-07-2011, 10:14 PM
I do. I do it in excel and break it down to categories. When I get low on a product I move it to an order list. Gives me something to do in my bored times. It is a PITA though.

00celica
08-07-2011, 10:15 PM
The list I keep is one of the products I plan on ordering and reordering. Like you guys, it's constantly updated and changed.

DaHen
08-08-2011, 03:55 AM
Yes, I keep an inventory of the detailing items that I have on hand.

silverfox
08-08-2011, 04:18 AM
I've managed over the years to come to the conclusion that 99% of all the cars I will ever touch... Come down to 6 products. No spreadsheet required.

BillE
08-08-2011, 06:05 AM
I do one...it is/was the only way I could figure out what people were talking about. Sometimes there would be a product number, others just a name. This way I can keep in my mind what's what...

Bill

Flannigan
08-08-2011, 06:22 AM
I've managed over the years to come to the conclusion that 99% of all the cars I will ever touch... Come down to 6 products. No spreadsheet required.
Soap, clay, clay lube, glass cleaner, compound, polish, wax/sealant, APC/Degreaser, tire dressing, interior dressing, metal polish....there are more than 6 products needed to detail a car, IMO of course.

BobbyG
08-08-2011, 06:27 AM
Hey Jeff,

Yes I do and it even included a running cost total, that's when I stopped added to it....:eek:

JSMet
08-08-2011, 07:08 AM
Yes, I started keeping a list when I realized I was buying products I liked as opposed to stuff I needed. I was buying waxes and sealants too much, and I started with the list to keep everything in proportion. Since I'm a hobbyist, in order to do this thing right, I need to spread this thing out to cover everything. Is that why you're thinking of keeping a list?