PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Tire Gel v. DP Gloss Tire Gel

Frank A.
08-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Hi all.

I use the Optimum straight and like the look. Durability is pretty good too. Looking to possibly try something different. For those of you that have tried both the Optimum and the DP, which is the longer lasting/more durable? How do they differ in looks? Thanks!

Regards,
Frank A.

Dr Oldz
08-07-2011, 01:17 PM
I have not tried the OPT yet, but I really like the DP and it's durability is very good also! I haven't wanted to try any other tire gel after using the DP because it is exactly what I like. And can often be found on BOGO for even a better value!

truckbutt
08-07-2011, 01:18 PM
I haven't used either one. I use Meg's Gold Class Endurance Tire Protectant Gel (not the high gloss). I love it. It makes your tires look a rich black, not shiny. It lasts for weeks.

poweraid
08-07-2011, 01:23 PM
I use opti tire gel 1:1 . it does not give a shiny appearance but I don't want that on my 4x4 o.r tires. I'll say good protection , cause I scrub em down with westley's and they still look good , no need to reapply dressing every wash .

Ted S.
08-07-2011, 01:33 PM
I've used the Pinnacle, DP, and WG tire gels, all of which are great, but I prefere the look of thee WG over all of them. Kinda gives the tires a nice even glow.

I've also used 303 and PERL on tires, and only reccomend those on tires with the highly textured sidewalls. The durability is not quite as good with these compared to dedicated tire gels.

I've yet to try OTG.

mad666max_
08-07-2011, 03:05 PM
i didnt knew meg's were making high endurance tire gel in a "less glossy" version.

Lasthope05
08-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Durability and looks are similar between the two(2-3 weeks) with DP being a tad glossier.

Jimmie
08-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Durability and looks are similar between the two(2-3 weeks) with DP being a tad glossier.

:whs:

CEE DOG
08-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Optimum is beautiful, DP loos great too. Gloss levels differ between tire types. DP dries to the touch and is more durable. Optimum was my most used tire dressing until DP was reforumlated to dry to the touch. Then DP became my most used tire dressing.

This first review is of OTG from April 2010. This was next to the old DP (green)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/24938-review-optimum-opti-bond-tire-gel.html

Hers a review of the new DP Tire Gel but the old tires it was used on are very unflattering...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/28917-review-dp-gloss-tire-gel-new-formula-blind-review.html

Skip to post #51 to see the OTG vs. new version DP after 2 weeks and a couple days of continuous rain.

Jimmie
08-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Whoops! I better start doing more homework before posting. I've used DP, and Optimum Tire Shine (still do; I love OTS). Sorry for comparing. I just read Cee Dog's review on another thread, And will have to give Opti-Bond a try. Good review.

truckbutt
08-07-2011, 08:19 PM
i didnt knew meg's were making high endurance tire gel in a "less glossy" version.
Google search: MEG G7410 , The newer version is a high gloss.