PDA

View Full Version : New to the Forum

67Customs
01-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Hi all,

I am new to this forum, but I am not new to detailing. I did, however, recently get a PC 7424 for Christmas and I got my mom to order it from AutoGeek.;) I got all the LC pads, a backing plate and the whole XMT line. So far, I love it all.

Click here to see what I can do with it all...2006 BMW 750Li and 1999 Mercedes CLK 320 (Lots of pics.) - Autopia Car Detailing Forum (http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/84466-2006-bmw-750li-1999-mercedes-clk-320-lots-pics.html)

As you can see, I am also a member of Autopia. I visit there quite often. But, I decided to joint his forum also to get different views. As we all know, some forums can be really bias towards certain products. I just want to hear different opinions. I also order most of my stuff from AutoGeek and the 10% discount for forum members didn't hurt my decision either.:D

At any rate, it is good to be here.:)

Meghan
01-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Welcome! Glad you joined!:grouphug:

abrcrombe
01-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Welcome!
I think you will find AutoGeek a lot more personal and family like. The other site is not nearly as friendly as the people here.

r_wain
01-30-2007, 12:18 PM
Welcome!
I think you will find AutoGeek a lot more personal and family like. The other site is not nearly as friendly as the people here.
:iagree: I was on the other one first but since I joined here I haven't really been back. I have learned more here and that is all that matters. :cheers:

FloridaNative
01-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Welcome to AGO!! I hope you enjoy your time here. :)

67Customs
01-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Thanks guys. I'm sure I will like it here.:)

Nica
01-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Welcome to AG, you seem to know some stuff about detailing. That Mercedes looks really good. Hopefully you will enjoy AG as much as everyone else around here. I personally ask lots of questions because I'm just getting started on detailing but I'm sure you will fit in here with the more experianced guys/gals.

Welcome

abrcrombe
01-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Yeah your details are awesome! I too want a part of your dressed up detailing clothing line. :)

67Customs
01-31-2007, 09:45 AM
Welcome to AG, you seem to know some stuff about detailing. That Mercedes looks really good. Hopefully you will enjoy AG as much as everyone else around here. I personally ask lots of questions because I'm just getting started on detailing but I'm sure you will fit in here with the more experianced guys/gals.

Welcome
Thanks. Yeah, I know a few things, but I am still learning a lot also. I guess even the most experienced detailer can still learn some stuff here and there.

I know I will enjoy it here.

Yeah your details are awesome! I too want a part of your dressed up detailing clothing line. :)
Thank you!

Yeah, I might just have to come up with a line of detailing clothing with all the responses I have received.lol

Nuke33
01-31-2007, 10:51 AM
Looks awsome, I see your all dressed up hehe... This place is a wealth of information feel free to ask questions

ltoman
01-31-2007, 01:11 PM
Welcome! I think you will love what they have here, between the awesome products and the forum - it rocks.
God bless!
Lauren
Wicked Vette Driver (lol)

flatstick
01-31-2007, 01:25 PM
wanted to welcome you to the forum. you will learn a lot in a small time. if you are in need of some samples or advice, shoot me a PM. have a few things you can may find useful. what have you bought so far ? let me know. great having you aboard.

ryandamartini
01-31-2007, 03:26 PM
Newb guide coming in !

67Customs
02-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Thanks guys.

wanted to welcome you to the forum. you will learn a lot in a small time. if you are in need of some samples or advice, shoot me a PM. have a few things you can may find useful. what have you bought so far ? let me know. great having you aboard.
Man, I have quite a list...
Buffers and Pads
PC 7424 - 4 3/4 backing plate & 2 3/4 backing plate
Craftsman Rotary - 4 3/4 backing plate and 2 3/4 backing plate.
Complete line of LC 6" pads.
Complete line of LC 4" spot pads.
2 wool pads for the rotary.
Clay
Clay Magic and Mother's Detailing Clay
Polishes/Compunds
Complete XMT line of products.
Various sandpaper grits.
3M Super Duty Rubbing Compund
3M Microfinishing Rubbing Compund
Meguiar's #1, #2 and #3
Optimum Polish
Optimum Compound
Optimum Hyper-Compound
Meguiar's Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner Step #1
Meguiar's Deep Crystal Polish Step #2
ScratchX
Waxes/Sealants
Meguiar's NXT Paste and Liquid wax
PoorBoys Ex-p
PoorBoys Natty's Blue
Collinite 467s
P21s carnuba wax
Klasse AIO
Tires
NXT Tire Cleaner
NXT Tire Shine
Trim
Mother's Back to Black
Armor All
Crome
Mother's Chrome Polish
Polished wheels
Mother's All Metal Polish
Vert Tops
303 Convertible Top Cleaner
Plastic
Meguiar's PlastiX
Plexus
Interior
Meguiar's Interior QD
303 Aerospace Protectant
Blue Coral Fabric Dry Clean
Meguiar's Leather Cleaner/Conditioner
Various Degreasers
Simple Green
Simple Green Automotive
Greased Lightning
Greased Lighting Automotive

I also have a few different Wash mitts, waffle weave drying towels, microfiber buffing towels, brushes.etc...

What I am planning on buy...
Meguiar's #83
Meguiar's #80
Meguiar's APC
Meguiar's #21
Meguiar's #34

I would also like to try out Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant.

I'm sure I left a few things out of the list, but those listed are pretty much what I use the most.

Is there anything you recommend I try. Maybe something that is better than a product I am currently using. I am mostly interested in good trim dressing as I know Armor All isn't the best one and maybe a good tire gel.

I guess just make a recommendation or I am sure I will eventually find something else I would like to try.:D