PDA

View Full Version : Wgdgps

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
08-07-2011, 09:57 AM
been reading up on this sealant. looks to be a favorite. a few questions on it.

how was it to work with? leaving it on for 30-45 min. is different. any issues removing it?

guess a good paint cleaner/polish would be advised before application.

how did you find the durability?

how was the final look?

i have tried the WGDGSS and was blown away by the product. :props:

rider9195
08-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Very easy to apply when using a PC. I usually do then whole vehicle wait 10 minutes or so, then wipe it off. Wipe off is a breeze. I have never had any problems whatsoever. A light polish or paint work cleanser would definitely help bondage. I found the durability very good. It gives a very deep glossy look. You will love this sealant. Well worth the money.

maximus20895
08-07-2011, 12:04 PM
I think powerlock is pretty much the same thing, but cheaper if you want to go that route, both those and Wet Diamond are good products :)

Dr Oldz
08-07-2011, 12:05 PM
It is super easy to use even if left on for hours. Durability is good also! A paint cleaner does help with durability due to proper bondage. The looks is very nice for a sealant IMO!

Ted S.
08-07-2011, 12:50 PM
It is super easy to use even if left on for hours. Durability is good also! A paint cleaner does help with durability due to proper bondage. The looks is very nice for a sealant IMO!

Hey Jim, have you tried this over a glaze? Like #7?

Dr Oldz
08-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Hey Jim, have you tried this over a glaze? Like #7?

Hi Ted! To be honest, I really dont use glazes too much. The only time I may/do use a glaze is on a SS paint and I'll use No7 the day of a show. But to answer you question, I would not top No7 with WGDGPS because the oils in No7 prevent the sealant from properly bonding. As a matter of fact, I find that the durability of any LSP on top of No7 is greatly reduced IME.

Ted S.
08-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Hi Ted! To be honest, I really dont use glazes too much. The only time I may/do use a glaze is on a SS paint and I'll use No7 the day of a show. But to answer you question, I would not top No7 with WGDGPS because the oils in No7 prevent the sealant from properly bonding. As a matter of fact, I find that the durability of any LSP on top of No7 is greatly reduced IME.

Thanks for the quick reply. Just got #7 recently because a car I was working on had really deep scratches, and a lot of them; so many, in different directions, that they look like "swirls". most of the scratches were down almost to the basecoat:eek:, so removing them ment removing most or all of the clear. So I grabbed some #7 and topped it with a meg's sealant really quick. #7 filled some of the scratches...

poweraid
08-07-2011, 01:11 PM
I have not use the sealant per se, but I do like spritz. I use it as a maint topper . it def adds something to the paint, better than a normal qd .

Dr Oldz
08-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Just got #7 recently because a car I was working on had really deep scratches, and a lot of them; so many, in different directions, that they look like "swirls". most of the scratches were down almost to the basecoat:eek:, so removing them ment removing most or all of the clear. So I grabbed some #7 and topped it with a meg's sealant really quick. #7 filled some of the scratches...

No7 does fill rather nicely. 16 holds up on it pretty well as does Mothers Pure Carnuba paste but still you will find that you need to reapply a LSP sooner than without the No7. But in your situation, it sounds that the extra effort reapplying a LSP more often is worth it to help hide some of the defects that are unpolishable! :props:

Ted S.
08-07-2011, 01:20 PM
No7 does fill rather nicely. 16 holds up on it pretty well as does Mothers Pure Carnuba paste but still you will find that you need to reapply a LSP sooner than without the No7. But in your situation, it sounds that the extra effort reapplying a LSP more often is worth it to help hide some of the defects that are unpolishable! :props:

Cool. Sorry this thread got a bit hijacked...

I've got some WGDGPS to arrive Tuesday, can't wait to give it a try.:dblthumb2:

hoyt66
08-07-2011, 05:08 PM
I used Pinnacle paint cleanser then applied Wgdgps this morning. I left the sealant on for

about forty minutes while I did some other things. It wiped off really easy with mf

cloth.The feel is SUPER SLICK!

Jimmie
08-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Man I'm glad that I read this thread. I didn't know you were suppose to leave it on 30-40 min. until you mentioned it in your thread. Guess I'll reapply after next wash.
As a wowo it looked great, lol.

PPLd
08-07-2011, 07:46 PM
I have WGDGPS and I dont like it.
Its too watery and the green particles never seem to mix with the solvent underneath...
I wish it can be thicker...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/products-guides/39318-watery-wolfgang-dgps.html

Btw if anyone of you are looking for Menzerna Power Lock, I know a site doing a special for around $22 with a free 5.5 inch CCS pad as bonus. Send me a pm if you are interested.

BobbyG
08-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Menzerna Power Lock is a great sealant. It lays down like a dream with my Porter Cable 7424 dual action polisher using a red foam pad.

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is very easy to use. It's easy to apply and once hazes it's easy to buff. Its durability isn't as good as Power Lock and for $39.99 for 16 ounces compared with $29.99 for the same amount of Menzerna Power Lock the choise is very easy...

CaneCharger
08-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Menzerna Power Lock is a great sealant. It lays down like a dream with my Porter Cable 7424 dual action polisher using a red foam pad.

I second that - I have put down Power Lock on three different cars and it is a breeze!!!