PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Threads On Topic

Matt S.
01-30-2007, 10:16 AM
This is just a friendly reminder to all of our members to kindly keep threads on topic.

Occasionally, threads are started on a particular subject and the discussion turns into a conversation unrelated to the original topic.

We'd like to encourage you to start a new thread to discuss new topics rather than start a new topic in a thread that already exsists. Doing this will help new members and those searching for information by keeping threads organized and on topic so that they can get the proper advice that they are looking for.

Meghan
01-30-2007, 11:00 AM
Thank you Rob for the reminder. I have had a few PM's myself asking to keep these threads on topic. The more the discussion the better we can all gain knowledge from each other. Lets just keep the discussion in the right threads so everyone who is searching on this site for help for find it in a timely manner. Everyone has been very helpful with each other on this site and especially to the new members. I thank you all for being helpful and informative. We all gain from everyone else's knowledge.:grouphug:

Gary Sword
01-30-2007, 11:16 AM
I think it's good to stay on topic especially when it's a detailing topic. There are a lot of Off-Topic threads however that do open themselves up to a general discussion to almost anything. Like Justin started a thread yesterday titled "I'm Not Working Today". He went on to say that he was not working today because it was cold up in Georgia. A thread like that opens itself up to a lot of different topics. Somtimes forum members just want to have a dialog and have fun together and joke around. Does AG have a problem with that?

Meghan
01-30-2007, 11:21 AM
I think it's good to stay on topic especially when it's a detailing topic. There are a lot of Off-Topic threads however that do open themselves up to a general discussion to almost anything. Like Justin started a thread yesterday titled "I'm Not Working Today". He went on to say that he was not working today because it was cold up in Georgia. A thread like that opens itself up to a lot of different topics. Somtimes forum members just want to have a dialog and have fun together and joke around. Does AG have a problem with that?
Absolutely not, as long as it is an "off topic" Thread, the ones that concern products and question on "how-to" we would like to see those more on topic. Helps out the person who needs the help better if they are getting information regarding what they asked. We can all use our judgement. ;)
If a topic gets off thread I am sure a MOD will help get it back on.

Gary Sword
01-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Absolutely not, as long as it is an "off topic" Thread, the ones that concern products and question on "how-to" we would like to see those more on topic. Helps out the person who needs the help better if they are getting information regarding what they asked. We can all use our judgement. ;)
If a topic gets off thread I am sure a MOD will help get it back on.

Thanks Meghan, I agree. All it takes is one person to say something off topic and the whole thread changes. I'm sure we have all done it. It usually does get confusing on serious topics which not a good thing.

boardumb
01-30-2007, 11:36 AM
On Topic post in the Off Topic section of the forum? I'll try my best to stay on topic from now on though in the informative threads.

ScottB
01-30-2007, 03:51 PM
I think some of our members have shown that there is a true need for a chat feature. Until then, some posts will likely have some spillover from original topic. It is nice to see that everyone gets along.

Kelso
01-30-2007, 04:46 PM
chat ....id never go to bed at night, or to my classes after work! but yes staying on topic is good, when its an on topic thread like clarified before

FloridaNative
01-30-2007, 04:55 PM
I think some of our members have shown that there is a true need for a chat feature. Until then, some posts will likely have some spillover from original topic. It is nice to see that everyone gets along.
I think Killer is talking about me. :o Either that or I have a guilty conscience. lol I don't talk too much. :o Really. I'm just "linguistically gifted" that's all. ;p

Nuke33
01-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Ive done this before, not even thinking of it.... Im going to have to pay more attention next time sorry guys and girls

mrnextel
04-11-2007, 09:11 PM
ok im a rambler, lol, a chat room would rock

but we would all be divorced and lose our jobs

ss-truck
08-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Please accept my apologies as I know I am guilty of this offfense . I will try to do better in the future .

f_bomb
08-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Hey guys, whats the best wax for black cars???

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v36/GillBates/threadjack2.jpg

I always thought this was an unwritten rule of forums...But it happens, my favorite is when someone (newbie) signs up and out of nowhere post a serious random question, similar to my example above!