PDA

View Full Version : my 04 f-150

poweraid
08-06-2011, 09:50 PM
well let say i finally got around to fig out how to add photos. this is my 04 f-150 that i detailed a few months ago. my first ever working with a da and the superb products that i have aquired. i would like to give a big thanks to bobby g for all the help and guidance he has given me and also to the forum members. i couldnt have done it without the everyday info i get. i do have to say this is not to perfection as the pros would do, but hey im not no dang pro, lol. this is my new found hobby . practice makes perfect and it will come with experience. well then i have aquired a hell of a lot more products since i did my truck and im ready to buff.
a few products i have used:
duragloss 902
xmt speed clay
flex 3401
lc flat pads
menzerna polishes
pwrlck
uttg
opti metal polish, spray wax.

Hoytman
08-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Saaaaweeeeet looking truck my man!:dblthumb2:

Just last night I watched an all stock 2010 F150 4X4 rip through some super high performance Chevy's, Dodges, and other Fords at the county fair tug-a-truck contest. Never dreamed that truck would have done that well against all them stroked out trucks. Fooled the croud as well. The event was for a $10grand purse and there was at least 100 trucks there. He really fooled the croud and he had them on their feet. He beat about 6 high performance pulling trucks (diesels and strokers) before being beaten himself. He was a smart driver though, which helped him beat those snot nosed kids. His truck was the same color as yours.

Oh! BobbyG has helped several of us and seems like a real good guy.

BobbyG
08-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Hey Chad!!

WOW, what a gorgeous truck! I saw it in your avatar and than you for letting me know you uploaded some spectacular photos!

When it comes to color I think metallic blue and red are my all time favorites. Polishing these colors with the right pad and products turn the finish from 2D to 3D. The blue on that bad boy looks dripping wet! :dblthumb2:

I see you've added a bull bar and lighting, very sharp indeed. I just added one similar to my old Dodge Dakota and it really adds a nice touch, better than I thought.

The custom wheels look great and you won't be getting stuck anytime soon with those aggressive tires I'll tell ya.

Perfection is in the eye of the beholder and there's little doubt in my mind that you have one very satisfied customer!! :props:

poweraid
08-07-2011, 12:44 PM
I've spent a lot of money on that truck so now I need to take care of it. have level-it on the front to accommodate the 33's, edge products power programmer, throttle body spacer, cold air intake , optima yellow top to handle load of extra lights and stereo system. clear headlights-taillights fitted with silverstars, led 3rd brake light . and a host of other small goodies. I get 13-14 mpg in town and hwy if I'm not busting it out, I'll get 20 . I got less than an inch to clear overhead to fit in garage , I'd love to lift it but I couldn't bare truck being kept outside 24/7 .

Kaleb G.
08-07-2011, 02:07 PM
I've spent a lot of money on that truck so now I need to take care of it. have level-it on the front to accommodate the 33's, edge products power programmer, throttle body spacer, cold air intake , optima yellow top to handle load of extra lights and stereo system. clear headlights-taillights fitted with silverstars, led 3rd brake light . and a host of other small goodies. I get 13-14 mpg in town and hwy if I'm not busting it out, I'll get 20 . I got less than an inch to clear overhead to fit in garage , I'd love to lift it but I couldn't bare truck being kept outside 24/7 .

Beautiful truck. What did you level it with?

poweraid
08-07-2011, 02:25 PM
pro comp level-it . I think it gave a 2.5-3 inch lift in the front to level out the tilt to the front. which then allowed me to get 33's on . I could prob get 35 on but have to take the mud flaps off. it was prob about if I remember 150-200 . took it to a shop to do cause have to pull out the coil over struts. these bolt right on top . it took em like 3 hrs to do . they do make some cheaper type urethane type spacer too but them are not as good IMO. rancho makes a ready-lift to give u the level but u them r pricey .

bevans
08-07-2011, 03:21 PM
U can get a leveling kit from hellbentsteel.com for $70, they're good quality.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk