PDA

View Full Version : ok newbie question bear with me plz

zackl801
08-06-2011, 11:46 AM
SOoo bought the pc7424 and got it yesterday very excited to use it :xyxthumbs: I got the cheaper XMT package so i got the 3 orange pads, I'm assuming that I can do everything but apply wax with them? Is the stock pad that comes with the PC alright for applying wax? I have read some mixed reviews on it, to me just feels kind of rough for it but what do you guys think? I can order other pads to apply wax later on im not sure where locally i can pick them up. I may just end up waxing by hand until then. What do you guys think sorry i know I'm kind of all over the place with this one haha

embolism
08-06-2011, 12:24 PM
the pad that comes with the machine is junk. You could slap a bonnet over it and remove wax that way but I prefer to remove wax by hand.

Orange pads are light cutting. You should probably get some polishing (white) and wax (black or blue) pads too which can be used with finishing polishes and waxes/sealants. Ppl also like hydrotech crimsons for applying wax but I don't have any experience with those yet.

ScubaCougr
08-06-2011, 02:45 PM
the pad that comes with the machine is junk.

Orange pads are light cutting. You should probably get some polishing (white) and wax (black or blue) pads too which can be used with finishing polishes and waxes/sealants. Ppl also like hydrotech crimsons for applying wax but I don't have any experience with those yet.

:iagree:
I've used XMT2 and an orange pad on some pretty swirled out surfaces. It might work as a first pass depending on what your car's finish is like.

You'll then want a CCS white or HT Tangerine polishing pads to apply the glaze with. From there you can tell what might be needed for your car. You definitely have the heavy-cut end covered.

zackl801
08-06-2011, 02:51 PM
I have the swirl remover and the finishing glaze can i not apply the glaze with the orange pads as well?

ScubaCougr
08-06-2011, 03:00 PM
I have the swirl remover and the finishing glaze can i not apply the glaze with the orange pads as well?

You can always try it, but you're likely to put in as many swirls as you've taken out, because you are using a cutting pad instead of a polishing or finishing pad.

zackl801
08-06-2011, 04:27 PM
ok ya that makes sense then ill just go over it by hand with the glaze after using the swirl remover on the pc but thanks for your guy's help on this i appreciate it ill get the hang of this eventually