PDA

View Full Version : ultima paint guard and paint cleaner

PA DETAILER
08-06-2011, 03:45 AM
Feed back please wow. this reads like sci-fi. both products look really easy to use! i take it the paint cleaner should be used to prep it for the paint guard. correct? this looks tempting to try on vacation in two weeks. i guess i could save some $ and get the smaller size paint guard. it will do close to 20 applications! looking for some feedback on these products. thank you!

Garry Dean
08-06-2011, 06:30 AM
Do a search for my review on the paint cleaning system. The elastrofoam is really nice and works very well, saving time and energy. The paint guard plus is my absolute favorite sealant for its ease of use and longevity. You can't go wrong with either product. If you are a consumer the 4 oz will last you somewhere in the 2 year range. Upgp is layerable and con be topped with your favorite wax. It's cure time between coats is only one hour. So one coat or 10. It's up to you. I use 1 coat per application and its good for a solid 4 months here in Tampa. I hope this helps.

PA DETAILER
08-06-2011, 07:48 AM
i did read your review. it was great. but i was looking at their paint prep for the paint guard.
Ultima Paint Prep Plus & Applicator, prewax cleanser, prewax polish, cleaner polish (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-paint-prep-bundle.html)

i take it this product will also remove current wax garry?

05RLS2
08-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Keep us updated on the how it holds up for you, I was thinking of trying both the UPPP and UPGP in combination next LSP for me

Dubbin1
08-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Both are awesome products and well worth buying and yes, the PPP will remove the old wax.

clintb
08-06-2011, 03:37 PM
I just did a minor correction job on my wife's 2009 red Honda Fit Sport and used UPPP and UPGP. Her car is a daily driver with the normal swirls and some RIDS. Used my new Flex 3401, LC CCS green with Menz 106FA and that took care of the swirls and most of the RIDS. Went over it with the UPPP for a good base (not sure I needed to), then the UPGP last. Not sure if I worked the UPPP long enough because there were difficult sections to remove. At least I know for next time! UPGP is a different story...2 spritzes to prime the pad, apply, then 1 spritz for a 3 sq ft section. It's SO easy and I had no problems with over application. Talk about crazy shine and slickness. I was sweating my butt off while doing the trim. A drop of sweat hit the hood and immediately rolled off the car, leaving no trail behind. It was pretty incredible seeing that.

All the Ultima products I've used, I love so far.
Tire and Trim
Interior Guard Plus
Paint Prep
Paint Guard Plus

Amazing stuff.

Garry Dean
08-06-2011, 07:10 PM
i did read your review. it was great. but i was looking at their paint prep for the paint guard.
Ultima Paint Prep Plus & Applicator, prewax cleanser, prewax polish, cleaner polish (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-paint-prep-bundle.html)

i take it this product will also remove current wax garry?

Oh, sorry. I havent used the UPPP yet.

I believe PFC told me it does not remove current protection, but I will ask and report back.

CEE DOG
08-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Yes, the UPGP and UPPP are both terrific products. The UPPP cleans the paint and also lays down a primer for the UPGP for increased durability.