PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Meguiars Burgundy foam pads?

Garry Dean
08-05-2011, 09:55 PM
I tried Search, but I didnt really find anything.

Is the burgundy more aggressive than the LC orange?

Which one do you like better?

Do they leave heavy marring or do they finish ok like orange?

SpoiledMan
08-05-2011, 10:19 PM
I have some and rarely use them. They generate some serious heat and are more aggressive than the orange pads. Orange works with a DA, burgundy, not so much.

mcpp66
08-05-2011, 10:21 PM
I hope I'm not breaking any rules........but this should help:

Proper Auto Care: Lake Country vs. Meguiar's Polishing Pad Comparison Chart - Corvette Forum (http://forums.corvetteforum.com/car-care-discussion/2477711-proper-auto-care-lake-country-vs-meguiars-polishing-pad-comparison-chart.html)

Garry Dean
08-05-2011, 10:28 PM
I hope I'm not breaking any rules........but this should help:

Proper Auto Care: Lake Country vs. Meguiar's Polishing Pad Comparison Chart - Corvette Forum (http://forums.corvetteforum.com/car-care-discussion/2477711-proper-auto-care-lake-country-vs-meguiars-polishing-pad-comparison-chart.html)

Thanks. No rules broken. Todd is with us now.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-05-2011, 10:53 PM
I tried Search, but I didnt really find anything.

Is the burgundy more aggressive than the LC orange?

Which one do you like better?

Do they leave heavy marring or do they finish ok like orange?
I've never used them, but I'm pretty sure they have more cut than orange. Not sure about the finish. IIRC, the foam is closed cell as opposed to open cell.

Perfections
08-05-2011, 10:57 PM
Works great on a rotary, especially doing boats, I agree with the above post it does seem to generate some serious heat, on a griots da it will spin them fine with stock backing plate, finishes down great with most compounds even menzerna pg, size is fine on most cars, durability is pretty decent just watch how hard you push a brush into the pad as it's pretty dense, doesn't absorb much product, cleans ups nicely, takes forever for it to air dry, is more aggressive then lc orange, hmm if I missed anything let me know

Joe@Superior Shine
08-05-2011, 11:23 PM
I use the W7006 and love them!!

Garry Dean
08-06-2011, 06:38 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I will order some.

andyo
09-07-2011, 06:39 PM
i have 1 and i put a mf bonnet on it and use it to take off wax after it dries.

BobbyG
09-07-2011, 06:46 PM
I've never used them, but I'm pretty sure they have more cut than orange. Not sure about the finish. IIRC, the foam is closed cell as opposed to open cell.

You're spot on Mark!

Meguiar's Burgundy foam pads are very aggressive and much more so than Lake Country Orange. I've used this several times on my rotary and they work very fast. Use this pad and Meguiar's M105 and you've got one potent combination!! :props:

Garry Dean
09-07-2011, 06:50 PM
You're spot on Mark!

Meguiar's Burgundy foam pads are very aggressive and much more so than Lake Country Orange. I've used this several times on my rotary and they work very fast. Use this pad and Meguiar's M105 and you've got one potent combination!! :props:

Thanks, Bobby. I havent ordered any yet, but they are in my cart!

J Z06
09-18-2011, 10:24 AM
The burgundy pad and 105? woofa, quickly corrects! I like the burgundy pad.

Hoytman
09-18-2011, 11:35 AM

Does this mean they absorb less compound/polish?

I use the W7006 and love them!!

Coming from him I'd say they work well.

Garry,
I think Charlie, aka Shiny Lil' Dtler, uses them exclusively...if I recall correctly. He's told me he really likes them.

Garry Dean
09-19-2011, 07:39 AM

Coming from him I'd say they work well.

Garry,
I think Charlie, aka Shiny Lil' Dtler, uses them exclusively...if I recall correctly. He's told me he really likes them.

Thanks Bill.

WRAPT C5Z06
11-12-2011, 04:17 PM

Bill, being closed cell, they will absorb less polish, which I like! However, I think closed cell pads are a lot less durable than open cell pads?