PDA

View Full Version : Going to buy P21S Wheel Gel for the first time...

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
08-05-2011, 09:40 PM
I've tried a ton of wheel cleaners, but never P21S. I'm over the whole iron decontaminating wheel cleaners and their color change. So much has been said about P21S Gel and it's cleaning ability and safety. Time for me to try it. Does it foam as you agitate it?

Jenn1270
08-05-2011, 10:32 PM
. I'm over the whole iron decontaminating wheel cleaners and their color change.

But it is so cool to play chemistry while detailing your carl.

Jenn

Garry Dean
08-05-2011, 10:35 PM
I've tried a ton of wheel cleaners, but never P21S. I'm over the whole iron decontaminating wheel cleaners and their color change. So much has been said about P21S Gel and it's cleaning ability and safety. Time for me to try it. Does it foam as you agitate it?

You will not be disappointed, Sir. Its wonderful stuff.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-05-2011, 10:46 PM
You will not be disappointed, Sir. Its wonderful stuff.
Coming from you, I know it's gotta be good stuff. :props:

C. Charles Hahn
08-05-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm over the whole iron decontaminating wheel cleaners and their color change.

To be honest, Mark, I wouldn't be so quick to give up on them as though they're a flavor-of-the-month. I've found that IronX in particular can cut through tough deposits faster and safer than even some acid-based wheel cleaners.

That said, P21S gel is still my go-to if I'm dealing with a delicate finish that needs something safe to be used.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-05-2011, 11:33 PM
To be honest, Mark, I wouldn't be so quick to give up on them as though they're a flavor-of-the-month. I've found that IronX in particular can cut through tough deposits faster and safer than even some acid-based wheel cleaners.

That said, P21S gel is still my go-to if I'm dealing with a delicate finish that needs something safe to be used.
Thanks, Charlie.

What types of wheel finishes would you not use IronX on?

Marc08EX
08-05-2011, 11:34 PM
I would love to hear your reviews on the P21S Gel Mark!! I have a bottle here I haven't used yet LOL!

FUNX650
08-06-2011, 12:07 AM
You will enjoy using P21S wheel gel, as it has a "programmable" dwell time. It will foam when agitated. I found it to be a good tire cleaner also. Remember to flush the wheel and tire surfaces very well with a strong stream of water. Afterwards, applying a sealant will add up to easier future wheel cleaning sessions.

I have found that P21S' cousin, S100 Wheel Cleaner gel, works just as well at half the cost! :)

[Mark...If you using this for your Corvette you will notice that the wheels' chrome will take on more of the deep, natural, almost bluish appearance indicative of a true chrome finish. I, also remove my wheels twice a year to clean the barrels, use an aluminum polish (Mother's) to bring out the shine on the barrels, and seal them also.]

Bob

slickooz
08-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Right now I'm don't have the higher end wheel cleaners. I bought a gallon of Meg's Wheel Brighter and believe they are not safe on all wheels.

Was thinking about order Ironx, Sonax, or P21S, what would you guys recommend?

IOMCAMARO
08-06-2011, 12:23 AM
Right now I'm don't have the higher end wheel cleaners. I bought a gallon of Meg's Wheel Brighter and believe they are not safe on all wheels.

P21S has the best cleaning abilities as long as you don't care about the iron color change. I personally use GG HD because it is the cheapest and works just as well with agitation All of these wheel cleaners will need agitation on a dirty wheel imo. I don't think that Iron X is safe on unfinished wheels. I could be wrong.

slickooz
08-06-2011, 12:28 AM
P21S has the best cleaning abilities as long as you don't care about the iron color change. I personally use GG HD because it is the cheapest and works just as well with agitation All of these wheel cleaners will need agitation on a dirty wheel imo. I don't think that Iron X is safe on unfinished wheels. I could be wrong.

Yeah I pretty sure that P21S is safe on all wheels, but it is kind of expensive. Going try to use all my Wheel Brighter before I buy other stuff. But this 15% off is tempting. :xyxthumbs:

IOMCAMARO
08-06-2011, 12:29 AM
Yeah I pretty sure that P21S is safe on all wheels, but it is kind of expensive. Going try to use all my Wheel Brighter before I buy other stuff. But this 15% off is tempting. :xyxthumbs:

I would definately suggest getting the GG HD wheel cleaner. I use the regular wheel cleaner for my wheels since I keep them clean, and I use the HD wheel cleaner for other DD that have really dirty rims.

Marc08EX
08-06-2011, 12:31 AM

I would recommend Sonax Gary

C. Charles Hahn
08-06-2011, 01:01 AM
Thanks, Charlie.

What types of wheel finishes would you not use IronX on?

See below:

I don't think that Iron X is safe on unfinished wheels. I could be wrong.

I think Avi@CarPro says that IronX is safe on any type of wheels, but I personally don't take the chance on anything I know isn't clear-coated.

Also important to note is that if the wheels you're working on are mounted and happen to have particularly sensitive brake components behind them, extra care should also be taken to keep cleaners off them as much as possible.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-06-2011, 01:45 AM
You will enjoy using P21S wheel gel, as it has a "programmable" dwell time. It will foam when agitated. I found it to be a good tire cleaner also. Remember to flush the wheel and tire surfaces very well with a strong stream of water. Afterwards, applying a sealant will add up to easier future wheel cleaning sessions.

I have found that P21S' cousin, S100 Wheel Cleaner gel, works just as well at half the cost! :)

[Mark...If you using this for your Corvette you will notice that the wheels' chrome will take on more of the deep, natural, almost bluish appearance indicative of a true chrome finish. I, also remove my wheels twice a year to clean the barrels, use an aluminum polish (Mother's) to bring out the shine on the barrels, and seal them also.]

Bob
Thanks, Bob!!! :dblthumb2: :props: