PDA

View Full Version : suggestions on new foam gun

Pages : [1] 2

daveCFPrez
08-04-2011, 11:33 PM
I'm only washing my personal cars.

Looking for suggestions on what I should use. Foam cannon? Foam gun?

I'm interested in hearing what you guys suggest.

Some you attach to your pressure washer, others to your water hose? (If I read the descriptions right) Some you hand pump in the pressure.

Been reading through the forum here about soaps. I like the idea of a nice sheet of slippery foam running down my vehicles to help the fine washing scratches.

Suggest away, and thanks in advance for your time.

dave

PA DETAILER
08-05-2011, 06:28 AM
no problem dave. i have the wolfgang unit. (all the same. just different labels) this one just hooks up to your regular hose. after the first use, i would never be without. it will not replace your buckets and mitts. but lays down a great foam as a pre wash. starts to remove the dirt before you wash. use it with a good foaming soap, and you will never look back. :props:

Wolfgang Quart Foamaster Foam Gun delivers a thick layer of foam to your vehicle to give the paint maximum lubrication as you wash. Enjoy a safer, (http://www.autogeek.net/woqufofogun.html)

JSFM35x
08-05-2011, 07:10 AM
I would get one that easily snaps on an off your pressure washer. If you do not own a pressure washer, get one with a small foamer. i purchased a Karcher unit for my brother that has this. THe foam gun will slow down and extend you wash process. Not to mention that you need to rinse the driverway off alot.

I used mine 1X and it look very kool, great for posts and it may cust down on wash induced marring a bit but it is a PITA.

Wish I knew this before I spent 100 plus on it.

daveCFPrez
08-05-2011, 08:15 AM
thanks guys.

I'm not "sold" on any type yet, but I was leaning twords the one GMC suggested.

I have a pressure washer, but it just plugs into an electrical outlet, so its not anything tooo powerful.

cutter
08-05-2011, 08:41 AM
I used my Foam Cannon for the first time yesterday, my pressure washer had been on the fritz. I first foamed my F-150 and found I should have added a little more soap, it still did an amazing job.
Second, I did my son's black Tibburone while he watched, he said "Man, Dad, you turned my car white!!"
The Foam Cannon is a great way to pre-soak a car, and if you're looking to remove old LSP's, then add some APC and Dawn to the mix to help break it up.

daveCFPrez
08-05-2011, 08:47 AM
WOW! I just watched the AG video for the (pressurized) foam cannon and it was impressive!

I actually think the black hose from the pressure washer could be the same as the one I have in the back of my garage.

Now I'll need to go dig it out and check to see what kind of PSI it has.

master detailer
08-05-2011, 10:47 AM
I used my Foam Cannon for the first time yesterday, my pressure washer had been on the fritz. I first foamed my F-150 and found I should have added a little more soap, it still did an amazing job.
Second, I did my son's black Tibburone while he watched, he said "Man, Dad, you turned my car white!!"
The Foam Cannon is a great way to pre-soak a car, and if you're looking to remove old LSP's, then add some APC and Dawn to the mix to help break it up.
this is wright had mine for 1/2 year didnt work wright till one of my workers put more then 2oz in he used 8 oz of just cheap wash soap and dam the thing is just like the video lol who new just use more soap. now we make it snow in se fl

alko
08-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Once I start getting a steady stream of customers, I will be getting this one:

Autogeek Foam Cannon HP, foam lance, foam wash gun, pressure washer foamer (http://www.autogeek.net/autogeek-foam-cannon-hp.html)

I haven't had a chance to research some good soap to go with it but I'm sure this forum has tons of suggestions.

daveCFPrez
08-11-2011, 09:03 AM
I see that from the link above it states:
"Rated Pressure 160 bar - 16 MPa - 2,300 psi"

So would this foam cannon work with my electric 1500 psi pressure washer, or is the 1500 psi too weak?

thanks in advance

*EDIT*
If someone could snap a few pictures on your "quick disconnect" set up and post them, I would really appreciate that as well. Thx

Cat ji
08-11-2011, 09:56 AM
I saw some pics on the local Meguiar's forum... afaik, the same thing, being used on a very low-end/entry-level Karcher. So I was glad to find out - it doesn't need much pressure. So I bought a Karcher that was on promotion, now I have to get the Karcher foam dispenser and the angle-head wand from the Karcher distributor.
It's not the thick "snow foam" but it looks like it's enough to do what I want - some presoaking to get as much dirt off as possible before I use the mitt.
If I can find the link, I'll post it here so you can see for yourself.

PS: Some foam action... - Professional Products - Meguiar's South Africa (http://onlineforum.meguiars.co.za/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=1154)
(I hope it's ok to post that link here. It's not the Meguiar's website, it's the forum.)

opie_7afe
08-29-2011, 08:38 PM
there's another brand of foam "gun" made by "mtm hydro" google search for it, can be found for around 55$, of course ebay has them for around 64$ including the fitting to attach gun to your lance...hope this helps and hope im not stepping on anyone's toes!

dchristo
08-29-2011, 10:09 PM
you can get a foam gun at home depot for $17.....and it works great

opie_7afe
08-30-2011, 01:07 AM
you can yes but i like the bigger tank on the mtm units.i just honestly dont see a need for a foam gun for myself right now..in the future yes but more important things needed...

timaishu
08-30-2011, 05:24 PM
I recently bought the foam gun that attaches to the hose. Should be here thursday.

I was going to get the foam cannon but I hate my pressure washer that I decide against it.

daveCFPrez
09-01-2011, 09:15 PM
I was hoping for a really good labor day sale. Passed on the 20% off sale in hopes the LD sale would be better. Its wasn't.