PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a new ride.

ryandamartini
01-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Well I love my 95 camry, but after today I want to sell it. Semi was coming up behind me and I was going 60, tried to speed up... it didnt speed up barely at all, had to pull off into the emergency lane almost landed right into a rail.

Now I dont have much money and I will be trading mine in. Advice on amkes / models ?

I appretiate it,

Ryan

abrcrombe
01-29-2007, 08:01 PM
How much do you think you will have to spend? Is your car an I4?

ryandamartini
01-29-2007, 08:05 PM
How much do you think you will have to spend? Is your car an I4?

yes. its an i4. Im thinking in the ~5k range. The 5sfe is just a turtle. The thing is a liability.

abrcrombe
01-29-2007, 08:12 PM
How important is reliability? Are you wanting a sedan? How about an SUV? Is 5sfe the engine code for your camry??

Surfer
01-29-2007, 08:22 PM
In the 5K range, I'd look at some older Nissan Maximas, especially one in manual trans form. You can find 96-98's in hte 5-6K area though most are gonna have higher miles like 80K etc, still a good reliable car.

Reddwarf
01-29-2007, 08:29 PM
A good site for research is edmunds.com

abrcrombe
01-29-2007, 08:31 PM
Maxima is a good choice, if you are looking for something bigger a used 4runner is something I like. I don't know their prices though.

supercharged
01-30-2007, 01:01 AM
Maxima is a great way to go. Dependable, reliable, and more powerfull then a Toyota (Nissans do use a little more gas, but who cares) in it's class (Avalon), V6 about 200 horses, you will love it.

Surfer
01-30-2007, 01:42 AM
Maxima is a good choice, if you are looking for something bigger a used 4runner is something I like. I don't know their prices though.Blah, older 4runners were so slooooooooooooooooow, underpowered with the V6 yet wasn't any better on gas then my V8 truck lol. I had a friend that had the 4 cylinder version back in high school, he tried towing his dual waverunner's and trailer one day, only to call me to tow with my truck. That 4 cylinder was moving nothing lol. Reliable, but the older models were so slow and cramped, 03'+ is much nicer.

Yeh, go for a Maxima, reliable and quite sporty for fwd and you can find them in manual trans form. The new model is just a normal sedan now, they only offer auto and cvt trans. Maxima used to be a great sport sedan in its class. Nissans VQ engine is great.

supercharged
01-30-2007, 04:28 AM
Blah, older 4runners were so slooooooooooooooooow, underpowered with the V6 yet wasn't any better on gas then my V8 truck lol. I had a friend that had the 4 cylinder version back in high school, he tried towing his dual waverunner's and trailer one day, only to call me to tow with my truck. That 4 cylinder was moving nothing lol. Reliable, but the older models were so slow and cramped, 03'+ is much nicer.

Yeh, go for a Maxima, reliable and quite sporty for fwd and you can find them in manual trans form. The new model is just a normal sedan now, they only offer auto and cvt trans. Maxima used to be a great sport sedan in its class. Nissans VQ engine is great.

Yep, yep, yep, I think you guy are getting the point.:)

Surfer
01-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Yep, yep, yep, I think you guy are getting the point.:)I said get a Max 1st, ha, :D lol

abrcrombe
01-30-2007, 11:59 AM
I thought about recommending it last week. ;)

Ryan, OT: did you ever get to detail that football guy's car?

Jimmie
01-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Put me down on saying Maxima. Their engines have a reputation for being almost bulletproof to problems, and they are little rockets.

ryandamartini
01-30-2007, 08:38 PM
yeah ive pretty much made my mind up on a 5spd max. thank you everyone. on another forum they just laughed at my price range.

ryandamartini
01-30-2007, 08:40 PM
I thought about recommending it last week. ;)

Ryan, OT: did you ever get to detail that football guy's car?

It was a red Caddy DTS , and boy does it look awesome now after some Clearkote RMG and Maxwax toped with AW :)