PDA

View Full Version : What would you charge for this??

Pages : [1] 2

Kristopher1129
08-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Quick question for you guys. I had a customer come in today that owns a company with quite a few vehicles. Some of them being 10 wheelers. Here is a picture of one of them...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/Kent-truck-007.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/34863)

Now, say you were going to do a full detail on one of these 10 wheelers (just one). Not a 3-step. A wash, clay, and either an AIO buff, or possibly a 1-step polish with sealant (depending what I can sell him on). Also doing the interior obviously.

What would you charge for this job?

Bear in mind he has more than just these 10 wheelers, he's got multiple F-150 type vehicles, and some personal vehicles. On top of that, he's providing me with shelter, electric, and water.

I have an idea of what I want to charge in my head for these 10 wheelers...but I'm interested to see what you guys think. I'm not going to say my number, cause I don't want it influencing your decision. What do you think????

I just want to make sure I give the customer, and myself a fair price.

Garry Dean
08-04-2011, 06:10 PM
$350 sounds fair for a 1 step with an AIO on the exterior and cleaning up the interior. Does he want you to polish the aluminum and chrome as well?

CrownKote
08-04-2011, 06:40 PM
$350 sounds fair for a 1 step with an AIO on the exterior and cleaning up the interior. Does he want you to polish the aluminum and chrome as well?

I would agree with this unless he is wanting the aluminum and chrome looking it's best... then I would say $550...

guess23959
08-04-2011, 07:01 PM
how the HELL would you get on top of that thing, the roof AND the tank? thats nice money and exercise to do that but in my opinion i think thats a bit of a waste only cause its a work truck. go like firefighters do and just wash them.

DaGonz
08-04-2011, 07:09 PM
how the HELL would you get on top of that thing, the roof AND the tank? thats nice money and exercise to do that but in my opinion i think thats a bit of a waste only cause its a work truck. go like firefighters do and just wash them.

Our fire apparatus and support vehicles get washed almost every day and waxed quarterly. I bring in the stuff I bought, tried and didn't like for my personnel to use on the vehicles we get assigned to clean and detail.

Kristopher1129
08-04-2011, 07:17 PM

Well he wants all the chrome done for sure. He wants the aluminum done as well, but he just wants it clean...not polished.

Kristopher1129
08-04-2011, 07:18 PM

I don't think he's too concerned with the top. It's more of a costmetic thing to him. He wants his trucks to look good.

Porsche Pilot
08-04-2011, 07:45 PM
If my eyes don't deceive me, those are septic tank pump trucks. My price just went up considerably! But yeah, 3-350 is where I would be and that would be with the fleet discount. Poopy trucks...yuck!

A.P.A.D.
08-04-2011, 07:55 PM
you have a hazmat suit Kris?! that might be a nasty job.

i have never detailed a truck of this size. honestly wouldnt know where to start on price. people around here would look at me like i was crazy if i said $350.

the interior probably wouldnt be too bad if the floor isnt carpeted.

a pressure washer would be awesome to have (which i dont) for the outside.

Kristopher1129
08-04-2011, 07:57 PM
If my eyes don't deceive me, those are septic tank pump trucks. My price just went up considerably! But yeah, 3-350 is where I would be and that would be with the fleet discount. Poopy trucks...yuck!

I guess it just comes down to how much work he's gonna bring me. I was thinking of charging him $550 for the 10 wheelers, and discounting the rest. That way I ensure that he doesn't disappear after these 10 wheelers are done...and if he does, I got my money anyways. And yes, these are poop haulers for sure, ha. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to smell poop the whole time...I hope not, or else this deal might be off, ha.

I don't think I would take this job for $350. It's just too much work for that amount IMO. I can make $350 doing much smaller, easier, quicker, and poopless jobs, lol.

Kristopher1129
08-04-2011, 07:59 PM
you have a hazmat suit Kris?! that might be a nasty job.

i have never detailed a truck of this size. honestly wouldnt know where to start on price. people around here would look at me like i was crazy if i said $350.

the interior probably wouldnt be too bad if the floor isnt carpeted.

a pressure washer would be awesome to have (which i dont) for the outside.

Man, I guess I'm crazy then....cause I'm at a much higher quote, ha. I'm going to see one in person tomorrow...so I'll have a much better idea. I do have a pressure washer, and so does he actually. But, if I see any poop on this truck...deal is off, ha.

Porsche Pilot
08-04-2011, 08:01 PM
You know your market better than any of us here. If you can get more than 500 then hell yeah, especially for the 10 wheelers. Maybe cut him a break on the smaller vehicles. And yeah, one turd sighting and I am running for the hills.

vet
08-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Well, you would have to know your poop to do a job like this! And give the guy credit for not wanting his vehicles to look like crap!

I never did anything like that, if I did, $350 and up range. Depends on what the market will bear for your area. Being able to use his place and equipment would figure in. Is he not satisfied with who does it now, or is this something new for him too?

Good luck! Didn't mean to feed you a line of poop. (I couldn't resist)!

A.P.A.D.
08-04-2011, 08:16 PM
But, if I see any poop on this truck...deal is off, ha.

And yeah, one turd sighting and I am running for the hills.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: :bolt:

Kristopher1129
08-04-2011, 09:39 PM
You know your market better than any of us here. If you can get more than 500 then hell yeah, especially for the 10 wheelers. Maybe cut him a break on the smaller vehicles. And yeah, one turd sighting and I am running for the hills.

That's what I was figuring. I'm just gonna hit him with $550, and he's either gonna accept, or we can negotiate from there.

I will absolutely give him deals on his other vehicles. But, I've done these 10 wheelers, and tri axles before...and I always feel like I never asked for enough. Just wanna make sure I avoid that situation. If there's poop, it's gonna be $1000+, lol.

Well, you would have to know your poop to do a job like this! And give the guy credit for not wanting his vehicles to look like crap!

I never did anything like that, if I did, $350 and up range. Depends on what the market will bear for your area. Being able to use his place and equipment would figure in. Is he not satisfied with who does it now, or is this something new for him too?

Good luck! Didn't mean to feed you a line of poop. (I couldn't resist)!

He told me that the guy he had doing them just basically doesn't do detailing full time. So, it's more like he had to wait around for the guy to have time. He'd rather be able to schedule them at his leisure instead of wait around and possible not even get them done. That's what I took from it.