PDA

View Full Version : Prima Amigo = PB BH?

Pages : [1] 2

S2K
08-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Amigo and Black Hole...
exact same color
exact same texture
almost the same fragrance

I just got the Amigo and have not used it yet but it sure looks and feels like Black Hole.
Anyone else ever notice this?

embolism
08-04-2011, 07:55 PM
do a side by side review and let us guess which is which!

S2K
08-04-2011, 08:18 PM
do a side by side review and let us guess which is which!
I thought about that just to see if I could see a difference, don't know if my camera would pick up any difference if there is, but I will try.

TroyScherer
08-04-2011, 09:12 PM
I have both and thought the same thing at one point. I also thought that CG EZ Cream 2 was very similar in color and scent. But I will say that IMO Amigo is much better that BH. With a LC White it has some cut to it. I used it to remove some etched in water spots on my black truck. And with a black pad it will fill nicely and leave a slick finish.

S2K
08-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Thanks Troy, That makes me feel better that I didn't just buy something I already had. I didn't want to say much about it until I had a chance to use it, just an initial observation of the product itself. I'm still trusting in all I have read about it and can't wait to use it.

Setec Astronomy
08-04-2011, 10:11 PM
So...Poorboy Steve is making stuff for Prima?

Russ@Xclusive
08-04-2011, 10:15 PM
No cg is making for pb.

Setec Astronomy
08-04-2011, 10:20 PM
No cg is making for pb.

No, really? So who is making it for Prima? Or is Prima making it for CG who is then making it for Poorboy Steve? And where does Pockets fit into all this?

Bunky
08-05-2011, 04:46 PM
No cg is making for pb.

The question is really who has the better product: CG, PB, Prima etc. This is where it counts.

TroyScherer
08-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Al this is my personal opinion based on my personal use and taste.

1. Prima Amigo
2. CG EZ Cream
3. PB BH

Larry A
08-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Ive got a glaze name White Diamond from ECP that looks just like PB WD

Bunky
08-06-2011, 07:53 AM
Al this is my personal opinion based on my personal use and taste.

1. Prima Amigo
2. CG EZ Cream
3. PB BH

What is your key criteria: Gloss, ease of use, hiding ability, scent, cleaning, cost?

I have only use BH two times but never really thought it did that much except to make the paint reflect wierd at certain angles.

CrownKote
08-06-2011, 08:56 AM
All of Prima's products are made here in Denver... When I went to Prima to say hi to Nick He explained all of that to me... Now IDK about PB or CG but I know that Prima is all local product and mfg to me...

05RLS2
08-06-2011, 10:09 AM
On the bottles I have Amigo is grey and BH is more purple. IMO Amigo is the better of the two. With the BH I think it can be used before any sealant or wax, but Prima says is it to be used before applying sealants. Has anyone tired Prima with a typical wax and noticed if it reduced LSP durability? It'd be nice if it could be used on both

cobraa
08-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Interesting topic. I also find excreme way too similar to BH.. Feels like one company copied the other. I have both and ezcreme is cheaper by the gallon..

Difference Ithink is that ezcreme have light protection to it ( acrylic protection) where PB doesnt mention about it.

I think glaze really gives something a wax or jeweling can't give to the paint.

I tried 2 Prima products so far and i'm quite impress to be honest. As soon as you hold the bottle in your hand, the bottle and marketing look lots better than most company. they offer sealant that last 9+ month. cosmo is unique. etc. I'm happy ag carry it, i didn't knew about them before.