PDA

View Full Version : Rain checks?

ALLN1WASH
08-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Just curious if you guys/gals are offering these to your clients and if so what's your policies???

CrownKote
08-04-2011, 08:43 AM
I do not necessarily offer them but if it is raining and the customer comes to pick up I do tell them that if they bring it back to me within a day or two I will do a quick touch up...

cutter
08-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Yes, by all means, take care of your Customers! They keep you in business and if you keep them happy they will return.

ALLN1WASH
08-04-2011, 10:22 AM
This is something that I've been offering to all of my clients since I've been in business. My general policy has been 24hrs following service, However, it seems as though, rain is inevitable this time of year here in L.a. No joke, I spent my entire day yesterday just on re-washes... Yea my entire day, only exterior washes but, geez that was 12 vehicles, gas, and products...

And also whats your mark of rain chances where you choose to cancel services for the next days work?

CrownKote
08-04-2011, 11:49 AM
This is something that I've been offering to all of my clients since I've been in business. My general policy has been 24hrs following service, However, it seems as though, rain is inevitable this time of year here in L.a. No joke, I spent my entire day yesterday just on re-washes... Yea my entire day, only exterior washes but, geez that was 12 vehicles, gas, and products...

And also whats your mark of rain chances where you choose to cancel services for the next days work?

Wow! You were on the loosing end of that deal... Sorry to hear that...

I will reschedule a customer (if they choose) when I am seeing 30+% chance of rain... The other option I have for them is what I call the stop rain pick up... They can come and pick up when it stops raining... Most choose that as I am generally booked at least 2 weeks out...

bigaizsosexy
08-04-2011, 12:59 PM
My point of view is as follows: Offering a rain check would probably make your customers satisfied to the point where they would return more frequently, but it does cut into operating cost. This would essentially take away from your revenue stream since you are using products and labor to complete this. I would essentially cancel the appointment if rain is due, this would save me extra labor and product, which in the long run will increase your profits. The way I see it is if your work is optimal, then the client will almost certainly return.